JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reading interface problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianDubau

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reading interface problem Reply with quote

Hey everybody,

First off, I have the URC-8810B00 (or 8810w) purchased from Wal-Mart plugged into a PC with WinXP.

Alright, I just received my JP1 parallel cable from HovisDirect. I plugged it in and did a test in IR to make sure it works, and it did. I then played around with KM and IR and uploaded the device set for my Z-680 speakers. I unplugged the remote and tested to see if the codes for the 680's worked. And everything was working great.

I go back and plug the remote back in and now IR gives me:

"No response from remote. Make sure your Interface is plugged into JP1 properly."

The LED on the remote blinks twice when I press the OK button to remove the error message. So I think I didn't plug it in right, or that the cable on the back of the PC got loose somehow. I check both ends and try again. Same thing. I reverse the JP1 cable plugged into the remote so that the wire is going across the batteries, and now I get:

"No response from interface. Make sure that the interface is connected to the PC, and that you've specified the correct port."

But with no LED blinking. So, I'm know that having the wire go opposite of the batteries is the way to go due to the blinking. It seems that there is some communication between my remote and IR, but it may be out of sync. Here's what I've tried so far:

* - Changing the transmission delay.

* - Changing the batteries configuration on the remote (removing, taking one out)

* - Trying the remote on a different computer. (Also XP)

* - Disabling Auto-Check (At first I got an error message, but now I get a 'List Index out of bounds'. Being a Delphi programmer, I am entirely comfortable with that message Smile

* - Restarting the computer.

* - Killing all unimportant process (just for kicks)

I tried to think of anything I did between it working and not working and all that I've come up with is that I just plugged it back in. Do I have a bad cable? Any ideas would be great. Thanks for reading.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, you saved your configuration in IR.

You might want to try resetting the remote (hold Set until the LED blinks twice then enter 9, 8, 1). That will restore the factory defaults. Try downloading from the remote agin to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then upload your saved file back to the remote.
BrianDubau

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for such a speedy reply.

I reset the remote back to factory defaults and I still get the same message when trying to download.

I went back over everything in IR again and reset the RDF path and I get an error message saying that the EEPROM size detected by IR is different than the specified in the RDF it's trying to use. I went to File->New and chose the correct one for my remote (6_806_80 (URC-881x_801x_601x).rdf) or so I hope. But, I still the same error message.
BrianDubau

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop the presses Smile

Fixed the issue, and it's so scientific that I'm going to put it in bold:

Take the batteries out, wait a little bit and put them back in.

Before I would just sort of take 2, but now I took them all out, one by one. Now everything works great.

Thanks again Mark.
rminniti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: problems communicating with a 6131 and 8810w Reply with quote

I have the same problem. I just got onboard with JP1, built a simple interface cable, interfaced with a 7800 without problems. I Have a Lite-on LVW 5101 and upgraded the 7800 with a codeset I modified from a LVW 5001 that I downloaded from this website. I will upload the text in a few days. I tried to communicate with a 6131 and got no response. I remembered that they had to have an eeprom added and I will modify it. My real problem is with the 8810w. I have read your thread and if you take away the original success and the final success it sums up what I am observing. I am getting a double blink but no communication with IR. I checked the cable with the 7800 and have no problem. Any help out there.
rminniti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

I took the remote back and exchanged it for another. Problem solved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: