JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie again after 5 years

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Newbie again after 5 years Reply with quote

I started with JP 1 programing about 4-5 years ago. I think the program was IR201 back then. After a lot of time, reading and much help from you experts I got quite good at this JP1 thing. By the time I got my systems running great IR was up to verison IR401.

Now I've have forgotten pretty much everything about Key-master and IR. I know it should be somewhat easy to re-learn, but I am I better off with the new stuff? Is the learning curve pretty much the same? What/where is the best place to start?

BTW, if it matters I am using the RS 15-1994, bought a few of this cause I was so impressed with JP1. Is the 15-1994 too old to use with the new verisons of IR and Key-master?

After a little more reading here is another ?. What is better and easier to learn, Key-master or the new Java app [RDF?] files?

Thanks for any help.

DRB
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The JP1 principles haven't changed, but the tools have improved to make it easier, and they all still work with the 15-1994.

I am a bit biased (see my sig.), but I think that RemoteMaster (aka RM, the Java replacement for KM), is easier to learn and use. I think this is especially true for the combo protocols and Device Combiner.

Having said that, there are a few things that KM does that RM doesn't (yet).
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: