JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Before I go to far... Codes for COMBO units via RF.exe?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob_m

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Before I go to far... Codes for COMBO units via RF.exe? Reply with quote

OK the one thing I hate about most "universal" remote is they don't fully support my VCR/DVD, TV/VCR, TV/VCR/DVD.
(Yes I have one of each and my mom has 2 VCR/DVDs now).

I have an unopened 8810W (from w-mart) and before I get a more expensive 9910 or JP1 cable am I likely to find codes that will FULLY control my combo units (Or at least most of the function + learning => custom code) and then be able to put ALL of the function on ONE device?
i.e. tv= tv/vcr
vcr=vcr/dvd
etc...

If figure this is half the reason people use JP1 and RM.exe but I just want to be sure.
========
I found a rdf link for my comcast 6412 dvr, how about Infocus X1 projector remote?
------------
Thanks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people with combo units like that find its better to have a seperate device mode for each. Operationally that may be better because of the way you use the devices. It may also be necessary because of the way the original is designed. For example, the cheap Emerson VCR/DVD from Walmart has almost no overlap between its vcr mode signals and its dvd mode signals.

However you want your 8810 configured, it will be at least much easier with JP1 and may be only possible with JP1.

The 9910 has a different library of built-in codes than the 8810, but not really a better library. Since you didn't tell us exactly which devices you have, we can't even guess whether you have any device that is supported by one of those built-in libraries and not the other. None of that even matters if you use JP1.

Both the 8810 and 9910 have a fairly lame "Home Theater" mode, so that after you configure things like a TV and a VCR in seperate device modes, you can put the remote in a mode where it controls both without needing mode switches (for basic functions). With JP1, you can install firmware called an "extender" that makes that process of mixing device modes much more flexible and useful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: