JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Converting MXF file?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fast351

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Along the same lines, how about an MXF translator/reader? Reply with quote

Got an MXF file that I'd like to get some codes out of, anyone got any ideas how?

-Mike
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

AFAIK there is no conversion utility FROM the MX file format to something useful for a Pronto or OFA remote. However, I think that we are more likely to know the commands if you tell us the equipment, commands you are seeking, and the remote you are using.

-Jon
Fast351

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, since you asked Smile

I need the discrete on/off codes for my Samsung SIR-T150. I am not sure they even exist. I've punched through all 255 EBC codes for the protocol that's used and have found nothing (which is a really fun chore). However, supposedly someone with an MX700 figured out how to do it, and I have his MXF file. Of course I got nothing to read it with, and only have a lowly URC 8811 so I can't load his file into anything I have. (see the post over in JP1 codes for more info).

I'm basically trying to set my system up so the wife hits one button and can watch TV/OTA/DVD without having to "know" how the system works, if you know how that goes Smile

-Mike
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast351 wrote:
I need the discrete on/off codes for my Samsung SIR-T150. I am not sure they even exist. I've punched through all 255 EBC codes for the protocol that's used and have found nothing (which is a really fun chore).

Unfortunately, I am pretty certain that they do NOT exist. To confuse things the SIR-T151 does have them and the theory is that since it is a DirecTV STB, that DTV required them.

Fast351 wrote:

However, supposedly someone with an MX700 figured out how to do it, and I have his MXF file. Of course I got nothing to read it with, and only have a lowly URC 8811 so I can't load his file into anything I have. (see the post over in JP1 codes for more info).

I suppose that is theroretically possible, but it would be that they found a sequence of commands that work using the "blind time" after the STB turns on, but before it will recognize another IR command. That would probably be remote dependent since it would depend on macro execution times. You might contact the person who created that file and find out what they did. I would still guess that it is confusion between the 150 and 151.

In the interim, why not just leave the 150 on all the time. You can even key move the power toggle, to shift-power toggle to make sure that it doesn't get accidentially turned off. Most set top boxes use ~10 watts on OR off. So there really are no power savings.

BTW, there are few here who think that the 8811 is inferior to the MX series. From an IR signal perspective, there is nothing that the MX can do that the 8811 can't and IIUC there are some things that the 8811 can do that the MX can't.

Fast351 wrote:

I'm basically trying to set my system up so the wife hits one button and can watch TV/OTA/DVD without having to "know" how the system works, if you know how that goes Smile

I think you can do that now, if you leave the STB on all the time. There are also TOAD toggle protocols that can be used that keep track of the power state, but I have never used them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: