JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Privileged Instruction" Error message

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kakkjk87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: "Privileged Instruction" Error message Reply with quote

I have an RS 15-2104 remote (w/Extender) that I've slowly been getting programmed. I'm using version 8.31 of Keymap-master and IR 6.0. I'm running Windows XP on my PC and have my JP-1 cable connected to a data transfer (A/B) switch, which connects to the printer port. I was tired of having to unhook the printer cable from the back of the computer and hook up the JP-1 every time I wanted try something new...that's why the transfer switch.
Everything was working fine, but since yesterday after my wife printed a few documents (used the transfer switch to "select" the printer, and then switched it back) I get a "privileged instruction" error message when trying to upload to the remote.
I tried disconnecting the transfer switch from the computer and hooking the JP-1 cable directly to the printer port (like I had been doing all along), but still got the error message. I know it's most likely a Windows XP issue instead of a JP-1 problem, but I thought maybe someone else might have encountered the same problem. Any ideas?? Thanks.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to have administrator rights on your user account in order to be able to use IR's port driver.
kakkjk87

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
You need to have administrator rights on your user account in order to be able to use IR's port driver.

I think I do...but I'll double check. Is there a setting in IR I need to change also?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No change in IR, just be sure to log on using the "Administrator" user id when you're using a WinXP or Win2k box (and I assume WinME also).
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might also want to try rebooting the PC. Some printer drivers can remain active on the port and that could be contributing to the IR error.
kakkjk87

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem resolved.
Rebooted with the JP1 cable connected directly to the computer and it worked.
I tried one more time with the transfer switch, but got the error message again (with Administrator rights)...I guess I'll have to keep switching cables when I need to use the printer.
Thanks Again!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: