JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR 6.00 Release Candidate 3 Now Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC3 fixed my problem with notes attached to keymoves getting scrambled. Thanks
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
e34m5 wrote:
Can't check anything until then.

Add this section to the appropriate RDF and you should be good to go. Note that the actual protcol upgrades MUST be in the IR configuration to be active (i.e. the SP's aren't available if you do a File, New).

[SpecialProtocols]
LDKP=01F9
DSM=01FC
ToadTog=0181

Is it ok to add others which come with the 8910 extender: Pause (01FB) and Custom Name (01F8). They don't show up on the special protocols so only preexisting stuff works, I can"t add Crying or Very sad
mpauker
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest version of IR supports "unknown" special protocols. In other words, if a special protocol is defined in the RDF but IR doesn't know what to do with it, it will be listed in the special protocols page and handled generically. (The user will be able to enter the data via hex commands.)

The only issue is that it would be nice to have some standards in naming conventions. I would recommend clearing any names with Nils (who I believe is still responsible for updating the RDFs). If the extended and unextended versions need to be treated differently then they should have different names. By convention, I put a U in front of the name for the unextended version in these cases.

Also, just to clarify Mark's comment... In order for a special protocol function to work, the special protocol must be installed, and a device upgrade must be installed that uses that protocol. (Many extender installers do this automatically.) IR will allow you to create an SP function as long as a device exists that points to the protocol, regardless of whether or not the special protocol has been installed. (Of course, the function will not work until the protocol is installed.) If no device exists that points to the protocol, then IR won't allow you to create an SP function entry for that protocol (even if the protocol itself is installed in the remote).
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer.
Having read it (way over my skills Surprised ) I clearly see 2 user errors.
I forgot to add Custom Name to virtual device, and I forgot/wasn't alert to notice that some protocols are more special than others Question I can add Pause and Custom name keymoves on the key moves tab. Not on the special protocols tab. Sorry for raising an alert.
8910 rdf needs no change other than optional name for dev-xx designation.

I posted a non-critical item in another thread. If you have time, could you take a peek there?
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3613
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: