JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Acer Keyboard - many keys at once problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zakkeaton

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: Acer Keyboard - many keys at once problem Reply with quote

Hi.

Remote: 15-1984 (extender 3 - did it 1.5yrs ago)
Device: Acer Keyboard

1st I learned the arrow/number keys. The remote had difficulty but eventually it worked. But I'm using extender 3 and can't use my learned keys. My IR file containing my learned buttons are at the end of this message.

2nd I found the Acer Keyboard upgrade but when I press any of the buttons the computer receives many many keys all at once. I can't seem to send just one key.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
-Zak

AcerKeyboard151984.IR (sorry could not attach the file):

0000: EC 13 52 53 4C 36 52 53 4C 30 00 03 10 2F 20 3C
{snip}
07F0: 55 13 52 23 45 54 55 50 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best guess is that the release commands are required. Most Keyboard systems don't require the release part of the signal and most of our keyboard upgrade files don't provide the release part (because it requires manually tweaking the protocol).

Hopefully Jon or Rob will take a look at this case, I think they are the ones who recently worked on adding the release part to keyboard protocols and should remember it better than I do.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't paste files into posts, instead load them into the Diagnosis Area and then provide a link, like this: Acer-Keyboard.txt.

Also, it's important to quote the correct model number of the remote, as a slight error in the model number can often get us looking at completely the wrong remote. The correct model number for your remote is 15-1994.

Jon is the one who has done all the work with keyboards, so I'll let him tackle this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: