JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Onkyo HT-R500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twelliott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Onkyo HT-R500 Reply with quote

I just bought a refurb Onkyo HT-R500 AV Receiver at eCost and the remote does not work, so I can't learn commands into my RS 15-2104. Yes, I have downloaded the codes from the Yahoo! Groups files section for all the Onkyo receivers (including the R500 code) and none of them work.

Does anyone out there have this receiver working with a 15-2104 and can send me code?

Thanks!
--
Tim
twelliott@yahoo.com
sfhub

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using HT-R500 with 15-2117. This device/protocol definitely works for me. Did you upload the device *and* the protocol?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/Audio/Onkyo_HT_R500%20Combo210_109+108.txt
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you try to learn the codes from your OEM remote. It sounds like it may work but the IR receiver within the Onkyo receiver isn't working for some reason. If you can learn a command from the OEM remote then that will help narrow down the possibilities.

Also, don't assume the batteries that you get with a new piece of AV gear are good. Batteries are usually the number one problem.

Is it possible that you need to do something in the setup procedure with your Receiver to enable IR or does it have an alternate command set.

If someone has posted a device upgrade for the exact model, it is very unlikely that no command will work. Most basic Onkyo receiver commands are the same for most models.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find that the Onkyo remote DOES work, which would tend to imply that the IR receiver in the device itself is broken, I might be able to help you replace it.
twelliott

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for their advice. It appears the problem was not with the code, but with the batteries of my RS 15-2104; returning from a business trip last night, the remote was dead. After new batteries and a restore from saved data, it all works fine. Must have been low power or some other conflict with the data in the remote.
--
Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: