JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR unable to decode Learned Signal. Help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: IR unable to decode Learned Signal. Help. Reply with quote

Have a Millenium 4 (4 device) with a cable code 0866 that I want to put onto my URC-6011.

Used an URC 8810 to learned the cable POWER on/off button. IR unable to decode the signal. Showed blank in the protocol, device, OBC, Hex Cmd, EFC etc.

In the Raw Data it says:
Frequencey 38461
Send once When Key is Pressed:
+832 -5026 +832 -1914 +832 -840 +832 -2514 +832 -840 +832 -1090 +1664 -846 +2496 -1686 +832 -78280
Send Repeatedly While Key is Being Held:
+832 -840 +2496 -1686 +1664 -1098 +832 -840 +832 -2514 +832 -840 +832 -1090 +1664 -846 +2496 -1686 +832 -78280

Same failed decode when I try to learn other buttons of the cable.

No problem learning or decoding other devices like Amps. Modified my Amp upgrade OK with this method. The Cble resists all effort to find out about it.

Had posted the IR extracted txt file for the CBL/0866 in the diagnostic area here with no response. So trying via the learning remote. Still no unable to get past the first base.

I am unable to find out what Protocol and Device does this Cble/0866 use.

Any help from anyone will be appreciated.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the other thread, you should have bumped it. The reason that most of the experts probably skipped it originally is because it would have taken alot of typing to create an upgrade file for you.

Anyway, I have created a KM upgrade file for CBL/0866 which you can use to upgrade your URC-6011.

Once you've tested it and verified that it works, could you please re-label all the functions to better reflect what they really do. Then could you re-save the file labelled for the device that it actually controls and then save it in the file section. Thanks.
Tak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robman. You had worked the magic. The KM file worked.
When I clean up the function re-label I will name it as CBL/1866.txt and put it in the file area.

Why did IR unable to decode the learned signal?
Is it encrypted or a complex signal?
How is the upgrade made without the learned signal? Like to learn more. As they said: best teach the hungry how to grow food than just give them food.

Thanks again
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tak, glad it worked for you. When you've finished polishing up the file, don't call it CBL/1866.txt, instead please call it something based on the name and model of the device that it's for (which you haven't mentioned yet). For example, if this is for a Pioneer Voyager ABC123 cable box you might call the file Pioneer_Voyager_ABC123.txt
Tak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Robman, I will call it Motorola_Streamaster5000.txt. Put in Files/Device Codes/Cable area here.

In fact there was very little re-labelling I need to make. All but one of the buttons are right on the first pass. I re-labelled BYPASS function into TV/TID. It will upload to the correct buttons on URC88xx and URC 60xx. I have uploaded to both a 8810 and 6011.

For those who come across this thread. The device is a Motorola Streamaster 5000 supplied as STB by the TransACT cable TV/web service in Canberra, Australia. The remote that came with it turns out to be a URC Millennium 4. The cable function on the remote controls the STB. The code was 0866 but gives no other clues. IR unable to decode the learned signal's protocol.

I found a couple of messages of people in this part of the world asking how to control this STB by a JP1 remote other than the Millennium 4 supplied by TransACT. Thanks to the Robman there is now an upgrade. There will be a few grateful Aussies.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the A,B,C buttons? You'll notice that there were two cable codes added to the Mil4 remote, one called CBL/0866 and one called CBL/0867. The only difference that I could find between the two setup codes were the functions assigned to the A,B,C buttons. I included both sets in my upgrade file, but didn't assign them to buttons. Did you try these codes to see if they do anything, and if so, what they do? This might be useful to have documented.
Tak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More help needed !!

First, for your question Rob, the A, B, C buttons has no corresponding ones that I can find on the original Mellinnium 4. Even after mapping it to the URC8811 it seems to do nothing. So I am at a lost. There were other buttons mapped, according to the decode, but the corresponding buttons on the M4 does nothing.

Now a new problem. When I upload the ugrades to the URC8811 it works in every way. When I upload the upgrade to the URC 6011 nothing work.

It was upgraded at OFA before I connecting it with JP1. Tried to restore the URC 6011 to its original post-upgrade state from the saved IR file does not work. So the OFA upgrade is not available anymore.

When I query the URC 6011 it download the last IR profile I uploaded to it but all the devices do not work even with the correct device code.

However if I use the SETUP and key in the factory embeded devices code it will work but willl not if the code is uploaded via IR.

Has the URC 6011 somehow reset itself during the upload? Somehow it cannot use the upload from IR. I tried upload from IR with and without batteries. No joy. Reset it with 981 and it return to the factory default. After that SETUP by keying in embedded codes work but giving it the same code via IR will have no working buttons at all. Please advise
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand those 6011 symptoms enough to really explain them, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that a 6011 upgraded by OFA has a 1K eeprom.

If you are using a 2K eeprom image you'll get bad results.
Tak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnsfine, you may be right but how do I know if my image is a 2K instead of 1K? I am new at this.

This is what I had tried:
Reset by 981. Download the URC6011 and gets a error message "Bad checksum at address 0000. Expected $00 $FF but found $FF $00".
Click OK and IR says it is a 88xx/60xx 1K version. It has default codes TV, VCR and DVD that does not match mine. The TV is 0047, VCR 0060, DVD 0503. I need TV 0093, VCR 0008 and DVD 0490.
Add the device upgrade for CBL 1866 and AMP 1386 created from KM. These upgrades load to a 8811 quite well so I don't suppose there are bugs in them.
Upload the result from IR to the 6011 remote.
Neither the CBL or AMP works.
The TV, VCR & DVD do not work as expected because the default code does not match mine. When I key in the correct codes for them they work.
At this point I download from the remote to IR and look at it. It shows the device codes for TV is 0047, VCR 0060, DVD 0503. Not TV 0093, VCR 0008 and DVD 0490 as I had keyed in and working.

Somehow IR is not talking to the remote properly.

When I first got the JP1 cable and connect up the 6011 it download an image file to IR which I saved as as 6011.IR and 6011.txt for back up.
Now when I upload this to the remote nothing works. I can't even restore it to the state I found it (with the OFA upgrade).

My fiddling had been successful for a mellennium 4 and a URC 8811. The 6011 got me stumped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: