JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Remote URC-3661
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spooky77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mathdon,

since yesterday I own a URC-3661. I tried to transfer my settings from a URC-7960 to that remote. The only thing that currently doesn't worked right for me is "Learned Signals". I had 4 learned keys for a DENON AVR-3808 on the URC-7960 and could this copy to the URC-3661.

Quote:

Audio Red 45 38462 Denon-K 4 1 292 7D B7
Audio Green 45 38462 Denon-K 4 1 293 75 B7
Audio Yellow 45 38647 Denon-K 4 1 294 79 B7
Audio Blue 45 38462 Denon-K 4 1 735 70 4B

The upload to the remote seemed to worked.

But if I pressed one of these keys, the remote backlit looked like flashing/pumping and the remote hung with backlit on. Only removing of the batteries brought the remote back to life.

Today I removed the 4 learned key codes from my settings in RMIR and uploaded that again. To get the 4 keys to the new remote I learned the codes directly from the original remote of the AVR.

After that the keys now working like a charm and I downloaded the settings from the remote. Now I had the confirmation that RMIR currently has some issue to interpret the eeprom part with the "Learned Signals". It shows like that under "Learned Signals" :

Quote:

Audio Red 50 166667 ** None ** Malformed signal: 00 found where burst table expected
Audio Green 50 166667 ** None ** Malformed signal: 00 found where burst table expected
Audio Yellow 50 166667 ** None ** Malformed signal: 00 found where burst table expected
Audio Blue 50 166667 ** None ** Malformed signal: 00 found where burst table expected

Do you know about that? Make I something wrong?

Regards,
Spooky
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand what you have done. What you have copied from your 7960 to the 3661 does not look like learned signal data. Please do a raw download (must be a raw download, not a normal download) from your 3661 in its current configuration and post it for me to look at.
Spooky77

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham,

it was not my goal to confuse you. I hoped at the time of the posting, that I could explain in short without writing a essay. Wink

I saw at the Raw Data tab, that the used processor of URC-7960 and URC-3661 are the same model/family: Samsung S3F8.
So I thought that it's possible to export the 4 learned signals from the saved URC-7960.rmir and then import to the opened RMIR window for the URC-3661. Because it doesn't was available directly, I opened 2 sessions of RMIR. One with the recent rmir File of URC-7960 and another one with rmir file of URC-3661. In the tab "Learned Signal" I opened every signal entry one by one in edit mode and copied the content of the the signal data window (URC-7960) to the clipboard. In the same tab at the RMIR session for URC-3661 I created a new learned signal and pasted the content of the clipboard to the empty signal data window. After that I selected the Bound Key and applied the setting. Finally I compared the results from the "learned Signal" tab, if its exactly the same on both RMIR sessions. Now I thought I'm ready. I saved this kind of programing to the rmir file for the URC-3661 and uploaded this to the remote.

All other settings like programmed devices key mapping and so on, was like setted up in RMIR and comparable to the origin programming of URC-7960. Only the keys with the mapped 4 learned signals got the remote to hung/crash.
So I downloaded the current content of the remote back to RMIR. It looked good and like the upper quotation of the "Learned Signal" tab. Because I knews now, that this way doesn't worked I search for another solution.

My idea/decision was:
I load the last saved rmir file of the URC-3661 to RMIR, remove the 4 copied "learned signals" from the tab and upload it again to the remote. If the remote then doesn't hung again after pressing one of the 4 color keys for the device Audio, I can try to learn the signals directly remote to remote.

The second quotation are the lines at the tab "Learned Signal" after I learned the signals remote to remote and downloaded the current content of the remote again.

I know that the support for URC-3661 is implemented recently only. I can't differentiate if this a kind of bug/unsupported part of RMIR or if my expectations are stupid/wrong.

I hope I was able to bring some clarification.

The raw content was uploaded here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26528

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
Spooky
jeajea

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using an upgrade for the AVR?
If you are using the upgrade add the red, green,yellow and blue functions to the upgrade.

If you aren't using and upgrade create a new upgrade for red,green... with a unique setup code
Add the upgrade to the 3661 but don't assign it to a device button (OK, cancel).
Use key move to assign the functions to red, green... buttons
merbau

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject: jp1 cable Reply with quote

Sorry for putting this onto the forum, but I don't know so much about this matter. I have a URC-7960 since about 5 years, but it's deteriorating now. So I'm thinking about buying a URC-3661. For the URC-7960 I bought a USB cable with at the other end a part that goes into the 6 pins within the battery compartment of the remote. In that way I could download and upload to the remote with Remote Master. Does this work the same for the URC-3661? Does it have the same 6 pins? Once again, sorry for the maybe stupid question, but I'm a newbie.
Spooky77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@merbau,

yes, it works like with the URC-7960. There exist the same 6-pin connector.
Deteriorating was the reason too for me to buy the URC-3661 remote.

Spooky
Spooky77

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,

thank you for pointing out the upgrade. Currently I am not using an upgrade for the AVR. I completely overlooked the possibility of using Key Move without a device button being assigned. Surprised I'll try.

Spooky
merbau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Spooky77, for the clear answer.
davecs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advice re URC-3661 please?

I just bought one of these. The reason being that I am amazed that my URC6440 and OARUSB04G still have all keys working considering that one member of my household hammers the keys constantly! Not me, I hasten to add.

The appeal of it is that it supports device-specific macros, which partly makes up for the fact that there will never be an extender for it. My query is about the activity keys. If I assign macro keys to them, will they still do the "activity" stuff or just execute the macro? Is there a way to switch off the "activity" stuff? I'll be using punch-through to make the volume keys work on my amplifier, and a global macro to make the Input button always work on my TV. I just want to use the activity buttons to switch on all the appropriate devices, and the Power button to switch them all off.
jmezz13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you've seen this thread specifically page 13 where there was a hack presented that does exactly what you're asking for with the caveat that it is for the 3660 and not the 3661. I think the 3661 has different firmware but it might be worth a try.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-3661 is the European equivalent of the US URC-3660. There has been extensive discussion recently about exactly this issue in the URC-3660 thread. See the later posts in that thread for that discussion.
davecs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just looked there and commented. I did a comparison of the RDF files for both remotes, 3660 and 3661, and the only differences I could see involved the names of a couple of keys, and a different set of built-in devices and protocols. I'm guessing that whatever hacks work on one will work on the other. Here's hoping!
davecs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmezz13 wrote:
Not sure if you've seen this thread specifically page 13 where there was a hack presented that does exactly what you're asking for with the caveat that it is for the 3660 and not the 3661. I think the 3661 has different firmware but it might be worth a try.

Just to confirm (as I have on the 3660 thread) that the hack you outlined on p13 of the 3660 thread works perfectly on the 3661. My next addition will be DSMs on the Power button to switch the appropriate things off.
davecs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an error in the RDF file for the URC-3661 (as of RMIR version 2.14.18) and, if not corrected, you won't be able to create or edit MultiMacros/MultiDSMs or TimedMacros/TimedDSMs on this remote. HamburgerHelper1 provided the correction on the URC-3660 thread, but it needs to be here too. Hopefully this will be corrected in future.

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
I see a difference in the RDF and since the remotes are the same
try adding $02 $03 to the segments type line so that it looks like this
SegmentTypes=$00 $01 $07 $08 $09 $10 $13 $1A $CD $CE $CF
This should solve the problem of Real Time Macro. not showing up

To clarify, the line that reads:

SegmentTypes=$00 $01 $07 $08 $09 $10 $13 $1A $CD $CE $CF

should be changed to

SegmentTypes=$00 $01 $02 $03 $07 $08 $09 $10 $13 $1A $CD $CE $CF

The full file name that needs to be changed is "369102 (URC-3661).rdf"

---------------------------

It is possible to put macros on the Activity buttons, but if you do a normal upload to the remote, they will not work and the buttons will keep their original function. HamburgerHelper1 also found the answer to that, and jmezz13 set out the method in such a way as it was easy to follow. On the RMIR menu, under Options>Advanced, you have to check "Show Segment Editor". You will need to use RMIR to create/edit macros on the activity buttons, and you can also use Shift-Activity buttons, then you have to follow the instructions here:

(Note that "Preserve Original Data" is under the Advanced menu.)

jmezz13 wrote:

After some playing around, this will work for all three activity buttons, and here are the instructions I wrote down for myself:

1) Download from Remote or load RMIR file
2) Make all setup changes, put desired macro(s) on Activity buttons
3) Save RMIR file
4) Uncheck Preserve Original Data
5) Upload to remote
6) Download from remote
7) Check Preserve Original Data
8) Delete Activity Assignment segments (see figure, Type CD, CE, CF under Type 1A)
9) Click Apply
10) Upload to remote
11) Test Macro on Activity button

Note:
Do not make any setup changes after assignment segments have been deleted. You must start back on step 1 for any changes to setup or Activity macros. Do not save to RMIR file after deleting assignment segments.

I would appreciate any feedback if there are any corrections to this. You're also right that this is kind of a funky workaround, but in the right circumstances, it might help someone.

It certainly helped me! I can use the Activity buttons to turn on the items needed, and leave the Remote controlling the correct device.
davecs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I've given this site a plug on Amazon UK, even though you can't link to it directly, I've included search terms that work. The more people use the stuff here, the longer it keeps on going.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3EJJ4RRDY6DCF/ref=pe_1572281_66412651_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: