JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RemoteChart V24
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so you're only removing current ones if you can't find a seller (not including OEM cable remotes or places like ebay for older remotes). That makes me feel better.
jim_henry_esq
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
That makes me feel better.

I think I am about to make you feel worse. Embarassed
Just to be sure we are all on the same [Wiki] page, there are currently two charts on the RemoteChart page:
  • Popular and Current remotes, which I call the small chart
  • Original Chart, including older remotes, which I call the big chart

I am adding a row for any RDF signature I can identify as missing from the big chart.
I was planning to replace the current small chart with a new chart of remotes that I have found listed for sale at a major retailer. There probably are a few popular and current remotes in the Popular and Current remotes chart but they are the proverbial needles in the haystack. If it will make you feel better, I'll leave the current small table as a medium table and add my new small table above it. But I am not sure what role this medium table is intended to fill.
Thanks for taking the time to provide your input. It is hard to get all the perspectives on what should be on the RemoteChart Wiki page and how it should be organized and presented. I seem to wake up with a different idea about this every day.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said before, you should edit the excel spreadsheet in the file section from which the big chart was made and add a column so you can filter it by new/current. Then post each of those to the wiki page per the instructions I put in the sheet. Or don't post the big chart on the wiki at all and just link to the excel file. That's more Rob's call I think. Since that chart was years/decades in the making, we don't want to lose anything, just add and enhance. The more columns we can filter on, the better.

The only reason I made the small chart was to make things easier for newbies. It can be anything we want. But the big chart is the bible and should include EVERYTHING.

If you need formatting help, PM me, and I'll set something up in excel to make it easier.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim_henry_esq wrote:
mdavej wrote:
That makes me feel better.

I think I am about to make you feel worse. Embarassed
Just to be sure we are all on the same [Wiki] page, there are currently two charts on the RemoteChart page:
  • Popular and Current remotes, which I call the small chart
  • Original Chart, including older remotes, which I call the big chart

I am adding a row for any RDF signature I can identify as missing from the big chart.
I was planning to replace the current small chart with a new chart of remotes that I have found listed for sale at a major retailer. There probably are a few popular and current remotes in the Popular and Current remotes chart but they are the proverbial needles in the haystack. If it will make you feel better, I'll leave the current small table as a medium table and add my new small table above it. But I am not sure what role this medium table is intended to fill.
Thanks for taking the time to provide your input. It is hard to get all the perspectives on what should be on the RemoteChart Wiki page and how it should be organized and presented. I seem to wake up with a different idea about this every day.
Looks like the Popular and Current chart still includes about a hundred remotes which are neither popular or current. Maybe that chart should simply be deleted for now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: