JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Remote URC-3660
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:54 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

I have yet to find a simple one step procedure to accomplish de-activating activities
so that the button can be used for other purposes and may just have to use the method I first came up with
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Please ignore this post. The strange behaviour was due to macros and special functions present in the setup that I had not noticed.

I too have made a new discovery about the URC3660, while using it as a testbed for the PioneerMIX fix discussed here. The setup I created used the digit and volume buttons. The digit commands did not match any of the DigitMaps so the upgrade needed to include the digit commands explicitly. In all other remotes this is fine. What I found, though, for the URC3660 is that only digit 0 worked. There was nothing wrong with the signals I was putting on the other digit keys, as some of these were duplcated on the volume buttons where they worked just fine.

I have no idea what is going on with this so this is just a warning to anyone else creating device upgrades for this remote.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to repeat: Please ignore the post above.
davecs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over here in England I have just bought a 3661, and I posted about it on the 3661 thread, but I was concerned about the "activities" being imposed after running the macro. I was directed here, and it seems the real problem is about implementing the macro itself. I am going to try jmezz13's hack, when I have the devices set up, which may a week or so yet, we'll see what happens and I will report back if that works on the 3661 in addition to the 3660, or even if it's necessary. It might be worth putting together some kind of "read me" for things that are peculiar to the 3660/3661/3680 because it seems to me there is a lot of potential even without an extender. The main thing missing for me, is that I will have to use SETUP then KEY instead of Long or Double Press which is how I set up my 6440 to have more than one command for a key.
davecs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
Over here in England I have just bought a 3661, and I posted about it on the 3661 thread, but I was concerned about the "activities" being imposed after running the macro. I was directed here, and it seems the real problem is about implementing the macro itself. I am going to try jmezz13's hack, when I have the devices set up, which may a week or so yet, we'll see what happens and I will report back if that works on the 3661 in addition to the 3660, or even if it's necessary. It might be worth putting together some kind of "read me" for things that are peculiar to the 3660/3661/3680 because it seems to me there is a lot of potential even without an extender. The main thing missing for me, is that I will have to use SETUP then KEY instead of Long or Double Press which is how I set up my 6440 to have more than one command for a key.

Just had a read through the entire thread, there's a lot to take in! I see that the Long Key Press can be achieved via a Multi Macro. Does this work on all keys? As I normally put the Eject key on "Stop". I think I might enjoy playing with this.
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to put Multi-DSMs on keys but not working. For one device, tried to put Discrete ON command and Discrete OFF command on power button but doesn't work.

Put non-numeric keys on RGYB keys, again not working. Maybe "dash" worked for others because it's part of the numeric buttons. Just upgraded to the latest 2.14.18 version of RMIR. I wonder if SHIFTed numbers will work? Maybe put the commands on SHIFTED-number keys?

When I load back down, the Multi-DSMs that don't work have been removed from RMIR.
jmezz13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get the activity keys to work in "Non-Activity" mode?

Regarding Multi-DSM's, maybe the 2nd page of this thread will help.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmezz13 wrote:
Did you get the activity keys to work in "Non-Activity" mode?

Regarding Multi-DSM's, maybe the 2nd page of this thread will help.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

Just been working on the Multi-DSMs for now. I've printed out your how-to from page 13 of this thread, regarding the Non-Activity Activity macros, but haven't tried it yet. My first aim was to get second values on some of the keys using a single multi-DSM and a long press. BTW I have a 3661, but this thread is where all the discussion is taking place.

My conclusion so far is that Multi-DSMs can only be put on a small number of keys, and only a limited range of keys can be included in those macros. Unless I've missed something, of course.

And the other discussion you pointed me to just left me more confused. The main issues there were how to have MultiDSMs without the long press, and that's not what I want, nor do I think that's possible either.
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Your instructions for enabling the Activity buttons to work are just the job! I actually got 4 macros on them.

One of these needs the Shift key.

All 4 work perfectly.

If I can't get the Multi-DSMs working, I'll have to use SHIFT keys for the things I can't fit on the main keyboard. It's got a lot of keys though, so there won't be too many.
jmezz13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The credit for the Activity process override goes to HambugerHelper1, I just found it in the thread (I think it had been overlooked) and wrote down the instructions so I could understand it.

Regarding MultiDSMs, you're probably right you can't get it on a short press but you can put a Macro on the color keys for a short press. Another way to get a little more flexibility with the four color keys (without all the segment editing gymnastics) is to delete the entries in the RDF in the [MultiMacros] section if you're sure you're never going to use them for any of your 366x remotes. I did both a DSM (short press) and Multi-DSMs on the color keys doing that (not at the same time, I think you have to pick one or the other). Also, doesn't seem like nested macros are supported.

I'm not sure editing the RDF is a preferred method, but it does seem to work. Configuration control of the RDF would be something to think about if you go that way as any new RMIR installs would overwrite it.
davecs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmezz13 wrote:
The credit for the Activity process override goes to HambugerHelper1, I just found it in the thread (I think it had been overlooked) and wrote down the instructions so I could understand it.

Regarding MultiDSMs, you're probably right you can't get it on a short press but you can put a Macro on the color keys for a short press. Another way to get a little more flexibility with the four color keys (without all the segment editing gymnastics) is to delete the entries in the RDF in the [MultiMacros] section if you're sure you're never going to use them for any of your 366x remotes. I did both a DSM (short press) and Multi-DSMs on the color keys doing that (not at the same time, I think you have to pick one or the other). Also, doesn't seem like nested macros are supported.

I'm not sure editing the RDF is a preferred method, but it does seem to work. Configuration control of the RDF would be something to think about if you go that way as any new RMIR installs would overwrite it.

Yes, I could see that HamburgerHelper1 came up with the solution, but you set it out so I could understand and implement it, so thanks to both!

My reason for wanting MultiDSMs was because a short press sent the bound key, and the long press sent the macro. My amplifier has 8 inputs but doesn't make use of the colour keys, so I wanted to double those keys. But they didn't work, and were deleted by the remote itself, because the entries are not number keys. I also tried to put eject on stop as a long press on my BluRay player and my DVD/VCR. It's not really a big problem, because I can use shift-keys.
davecs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hit another problem. I have a Panasonic combined BluRay-DVD-PVR box. As well as the HDMI output for the TV, it also has a wired coaxial output which I've plugged into my receiver. Actually it's a CD-Receiver, but one with a front-loading slot which is more trouble than it's worth, so I want to play CDs from the Panasonic box. I've turned off so-called "Viera", and now I can switch off the TV without turning off the Panasonic, and I can play something on that box without the TV automatically switching on. However, when I switch it on, it sends a TV output, and if I press Play, it prioritises the PVR recordings. In order to play a CD, I need to press a sequence of keys and the first one, "Menu", takes a while to appear on screen.

I can make a Timed Macro on the remote on App3, but it runs on all devices on the remote, and if I download it to RMIR, it doesn't appear on either the Macros or Special Functions page. It does, however, appear as an entry in Segments, type 03, but right at the end. What I want is something I can edit and bind to one device only. I've tried creating one in RMIR, but it has no effect.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
I have a Panasonic combined BluRay-DVD-PVR box. As well as the HDMI output for the TV, it also has a wired coaxial output which I've plugged into my receiver. Actually it's a CD-Receiver, but one with a front-loading slot which is more trouble than it's worth, so I want to play CDs from the Panasonic box. I've turned off so-called "Viera", and now I can switch off the TV without turning off the Panasonic, and I can play something on that box without the TV automatically switching on. However, when I switch it on, it sends a TV output, and if I press Play, it prioritises the PVR recordings. In order to play a CD, I need to press a sequence of keys and the first one, "Menu", takes a while to appear on screen.

Have you experimented with the Panasonic to see if it responds to any other button codes? It's possible that it might respond to regular Panasonic CD codes, in which case maybe CD PLAY works right off the bat?

Also, when you say it takes a while for "menu" to appear on screen, is that because the TV is still warming up? What happens if the TV is already on when you turn on the Panasonic? The reason I ask is, if it's the TV that's causing the delay, it might be possible to navigate the menu even if you can't see the menu on the screen.
davecs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

Have you experimented with the Panasonic to see if it responds to any other button codes? It's possible that it might respond to regular Panasonic CD codes, in which case maybe CD PLAY works right off the bat?

Also, when you say it takes a while for "menu" to appear on screen, is that because the TV is still warming up? What happens if the TV is already on when you turn on the Panasonic? The reason I ask is, if it's the TV that's causing the delay, it might be possible to navigate the menu even if you can't see the menu on the screen.

Panasonic CD codes? Might be worth a try!

No, the TV was already on. What I want to be able to do is navigate the menu without the TV on. What I need is Menu > Long delay > Down > OK > OK. Maybe replace the long delay by repeated presses of a key which has no effect.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know you do. I was hoping that you were thinking that you had to wait for the TV to warm up before you could press MENU > DOWN > etc. I'm surprised that the Panasonic is slow to show the menu. I assume it won't respond to the arrow buttons until the menu is up?

I just checked the file section and it turns out we don't have any stand-alone Panasonic CD players, but we do have lots of combo audio systems. The CD functions use the Panasonic protocol with device code 160 and sub-device 10. PLAY is OBC 10.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=490

Which upgrade are you using for your Panasonic combo unit?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: