JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NECx-f16 protocols?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McLeo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject: NECx-f16 protocols? Reply with quote

We have an old LG DVD/Surround player (LH-d6230) up at our cabin. I brought home the remote and 'taught' it to my Insignia NS-RMT8D21 (URC-3680) remote with hopes for downloading the signals and uploading them to another JP1 remote (Charter 1060) to use at the cabin. I had just used RMIR to do that with a HomeWorx DVR, so I thought it, too, would be fairly easy. The software, however, informed me that "The selected remote does not support any protocol that is compatible with any of the selected signals. Conversion aborting." A sample of one of the button's information is:

Device Key: Vol+
Size: 50
Freq. 38462
Protocol: NECx-f16
Device: 44
Sub-Device: 44
OBC: 23
Misc: E=232

I'm kinda hoping that there'll be an easy way to convert 'NECx-f16' to something more standard, but I have my doubts. When I look at some of the discussions in this section of the forum, I see that it's pretty much way above my head, but I'm willing to try.

In the meantime, next time I go to the cabin, I'm going to take the Insignia remote with me and hope that some of the preprogrammed LG codes (hopefully NEC) on it and the Charter remote will work. Then I'll consolidate them all onto one fairly functional "device" button and use that for a new "upgrade."

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me, but since I really don't use that DVD player too much, I'd hate for anyone to put too much effort into it...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried creating the upgrade by hand rather than relying on the automatic conversion?

Could you post the RMIR file with the learns in it, and the RMIR file of the remote that you want to add it to?
jmezz13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks suspiciously like the kind of result I was getting on my LG Soundbar especially if the signal was cut short by not holding the buttons down long enough. You might try just setting up a device upgrade with the NECx1 protocol with those same device numbers and button code and see if it responds the next time you're up at your cabin.

Seems like a lot of the LG DVD player upgrades in the file section also use the NECx1 protocol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: