JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer VSX-534 receiver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carwarr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:52 am    Post subject: Pioneer VSX-534 receiver Reply with quote

I am trying to create an upgrade for my new Pioneer receiver.

I am new to these newer Pioneer codes.

Below is my file with as much buttons learned as I could in it.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26674

The problem is it uses 3 different types of button commands and I cannot figure out what protocol to use to create it with.

I was thinking Pioneer MIX or maybe Pioneer 3DEV or 4DEV but not sure.

So it uses three types as you can see from my upload.

1) Standard 165 device and code
2) Standard 165 device with 2 different codes
3) Standard 165 device with code (87 or 90) and 175 device and code.

I went through all the Pioneer VSX-### device upgrades in the file section to try to start there but could not find one with all three types of "buttons"

Any help to get a better idea to get started would be great.

Thanks
Mitch.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pioneer MIX is the best one to use here, but it won't let you combine all of the functions, as it only allows for up to 4 OBCs for part1 of the 2-part signals.

Based on the learns that you provided, I have started an upgrade here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26675

I understand that you can only get about 20 learns into the memory of your 15-2117, so that means you will need to take multiple passes, learning about 20 buttons at a time, in order to capture them all. When you're done, please zip the files together and most them here so I can take a look.
Carwarr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob, I tried to bring it up your new partial upgrade with my older RM Device Upgrade Editor (RMDU), v2.13.5 and it mostly comes up but when I try to go to the functions tab, nothing comes up. other tabs work fine.
Well, just found out that if I take focus away from the RDMU window and come back, (meaning, go to another windows "window") then it shows the function tab. I will take a look at it tonight and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Thank you.
Mitch

The Robman wrote:
Pioneer MIX is the best one to use here, but it won't let you combine all of the functions, as it only allows for up to 4 OBCs for part1 of the 2-part signals.

Based on the learns that you provided, I have started an upgrade here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26675

I understand that you can only get about 20 learns into the memory of your 15-2117, so that means you will need to take multiple passes, learning about 20 buttons at a time, in order to capture them all. When you're done, please zip the files together and most them here so I can take a look.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carwarr wrote:
Thanks Rob, I tried to bring it up your new partial upgrade with my older RM Device Upgrade Editor (RMDU), v2.13.5 and it mostly comes up but when I try to go to the functions tab, nothing comes up. other tabs work fine.
Well, just found out that if I take focus away from the RDMU window and come back, (meaning, go to another windows "window") then it shows the function tab. I will take a look at it tonight and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Thank you.
Mitch

There's not much point in trying to debug an old version of a program, a much better idea is to upgrade to the current version (which is v2.14.16) to see if the issue has already been fixed. Your version appears to be about 1.5 years old. I do seem to recall having that issue myself a while ago.
Carwarr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay. I was having trouble upgrading to RMIR.2.14.16

Thanks for the partial update you created, Rob.

I took your upgrade, added in all the other learned codes I could, and zipped up my .IR file with all the learned codes that still don't work.
I updated the .RMDU file with the tested/working ones and in the "notes" column, I put the key that I used when learning in the .IR file that is in the .ZIP file located here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26679

I have been trying to get those codes working with what you started for me but no luck so far.

Any help is appreciated.
Mitch

The Robman wrote:
Carwarr wrote:

Thank you.
Mitch

There's not much point in trying to debug an old version of a program, a much better idea is to upgrade to the current version (which is v2.14.16) to see if the issue has already been fixed. Your version appears to be about 1.5 years old. I do seem to recall having that issue myself a while ago.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Carwarr, just FYI, I have written a new executor to handle this receiver but I have not had time to do any testing with it. I will post it once it's been tested.
Carwarr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing it. Thank You!

The Robman wrote:
@Carwarr, just FYI, I have written a new executor to handle this receiver but I have not had time to do any testing with it. I will post it once it's been tested.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested it and it worked first time. You may need to check the functions and codes in the functions list, as I may have misinterpreted what you posted.

Before you can use this upgrade, you will need to go to your RM installation folder and find a file called protocols.ini. Open it using Notepad (or similar) and then add the code below. I recommend adding it before the [Pioneer 2CMD] section.

Code:
[Pioneer Mega MIX]
PID=01 7C
VariantName=JP1
CmdParms=Dev1=0,OBC1=0,Dev2=0,OBC2=0
CmdTranslator=Translator(lsb,comp,0,8,0), Translator(lsb,comp,1,8,8), Translator(lsb,comp,2,8,16), Translator(lsb,comp,3,8,24)
DefaultCmd=00 00 00 00
Notes=This version of the Pioneer MIX executor allows you to mix any device codes and any command codes.  For 1-part signals, put the same values in both sets.
Code.S3C80=40 84 04 8B 14 A5 44 08 08 01 12 00 F0 01 12 03 02 32 B4 10 B0 08 39 00 02 0C 03 A6 0D 02 EB 02 0C 05 09 0D B0 01 E6 10 01 F6 FF 3A FB 06 F6 FF 34 7B F1 AF E6 01 02 E6 10 03 F6 01 46 8D 01 0A

Then download the following file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26689

Next, open your RMIR file, or download from your remote if you don't have one. Go to the Devices tab, select NEW, select OPEN, pick the file that you just downloaded. Go to the Functions tab and check the codes that I have entered. Note: for any signals that just require one device code and one OBC, enter the same values in the "1" and "2" columns.
Carwarr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry it took me forever to respond!
You upgrade works great. Thanks so much.
Mitch
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reporting back. Did I get all the function names correct too?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: