JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EFCs for Roku (STB version)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded this file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25290
from the File - Roku (all models: 1,2,3,4,Premiere,Express,Ultra,etc) - Master file page from the first post. I did not see any reference to discovery+ in the xlsx or rmdu files.

Maybe the file did not get updated properly with the last update date (Apr 4, 2022)? I even tried a different browser thinking I was getting an old cached copy but it still seems like I am getting an older version of the Roku.zip file.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn’t matter. All possible EFCs and corresponding pronto hex is in there regardless. Just use the code for whatever EFC you want.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I can see the source of confusion. OBC 181 is equivalent to OBC 53 (181 - 128 = 53). So use the pronto hex for OBC 53 for your Discovery+ command. I will go through this thread soon and update the files. But I'm not entirely clear on which commands work on the standalone Roku vs. Roku TVs.
bluto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that cleared it up for me! Using the pronto hex string from OBC 53 on the spreadsheet works great to bring up discovery+ on a Roku Ultra with v11.0.0.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Sorry, I can see the source of confusion. OBC 181 is equivalent to OBC 53 (181 - 128 = 53). So use the pronto hex for OBC 53 for your Discovery+ command. I will go through this thread soon and update the files. But I'm not entirely clear on which commands work on the standalone Roku vs. Roku TVs.

I just updated the files Dave. Plus, there were several functions in the RM file that used OBCs over 127, so I adjusted them to use 0-127 OBCs.

The codes in this thread should just be for the STBs, there is a separate thread for Roku TVs
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
mdavej wrote:

I just updated the files Dave. Plus, there were several functions in the RM file that used OBCs over 127, so I adjusted them to use 0-127 OBCs.

The codes in this thread should just be for the STBs, there is a separate thread for Roku TVs
Thanks Rob!
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a long argument going on the Roku Community about no numeral commands for stand-alone Roku's like Roku Ultra, on Live tv grid the channels are numbered. With Roku tv's they use code set from tv's past that had number commands available, but the Roku code set didn't. So, I decided to search efc's for number commands, problem is they won't show up unless you are on the Live tv grid page or tuned to live tv channel!! I came up with the following:

0- 00101
1- 00230
2- 00232
3- 00228
4- 00235
5- 00231
6- 00233
7- 00100 or 00108
8- 00106 or 00114
9- 00102 or 00110

Ch UP- 00183
Ch Down- 00185

As far as the Stand-Alone Roku's, this only work with Live TV channel. Channels like Pluto have their channels numbered but don't respond to these new commands, probably don't know about them?

Last edited by MaskedMan on Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed, I have added those to the master file.

Just FYI, here are the OBCs:

47 - num 0
33 - num 1
34 - num 2
35 - num 3
36 - num 4
37 - num 5
38 - num 6
43 - num 7
40 - num 8
41 - num 9

125 - Ch UP
126 - Ch Down
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a stupid question: I have two Roku's in two rooms. I am using the RCA RCRP05B with 1.04 extender on both. The remotes are set up almost identical, with just differences due to different TV's and one having no AV receiver. I manually added the new Roku codes to one of them, and it worked great. I wanted to add them to the other one, but couldn't find an easy way. I ended up exporting a GIRR file, then importing that into the other, then having to re-assign the buttons and reset the setup code back to 3061. I assume there must be a way to export the full remote layout and device codes I could import into the other one?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you can explain in more detail what you actually did.

What you probably should have done is this:
1. Open the RM file for your Roku device.
2. Add the new functions to it and assign them to buttons.
3. Open the 1st remote's RMIR file, go to Devices, open the device and re-load the new RM file from step 2 into it.
4. Open the 2nd remote's RMIR file and repeat step 3.
andyross

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the functions in the RMIR and in hindsight, should have used an RMDU maybe. It's been awhile since I used RMIR as there have been no changes for quite a while.
dtrump

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the Roku Code Finder, I spotted an error and one additional command for the RokuCodes.xlsx spreadsheet.

ESPN is on OBC 224 EFC 195
Streaming Channels menu item is on OBC 90 EFC 224

The ESPN error was understandable because it Test-124 was EFC 195 and 124 was entered into the spreadsheet.

I hope this will help someone.

Edit ------
This was determined on a Roku 2. I also have a Roku Ultra and could test that if there is reason to believe it would be different.

jmezz13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Roku Ultra updated to 11.5.0. ESPN with OBC of 107 doesn't seem to work, so I rescanned all of the "app" codes and found the following differences from the current spreadsheet:

OBC=19, now HBO Max (was empty)
15, now Vudu (was Fandango Now)
31, empty (was Walmart)
65, empty (was Google Play)
71, empty (was Cinema Now)
87, empty (was PS Vue)
107, empty (was ESPN)
113, empty (was Deezer)
120, empty (was Instant Replay)
123, empty (was WWE Network)

dtrump wrote:
Using the Roku Code Finder, I spotted an error and one additional command for the RokuCodes.xlsx spreadsheet.

ESPN is on OBC 224 EFC 195
Streaming Channels menu item is on OBC 90 EFC 224

The ESPN error was understandable because it Test-124 was EFC 195 and 124 was entered into the spreadsheet.

I hope this will help someone.

Edit ------
This was determined on a Roku 2. I also have a Roku Ultra and could test that if there is reason to believe it would be different.

Dick - could you please try ESPN on your Roku Ultra and report back? Also, I thought the OBC codes were limited to 0-127. How did you figure out 224 as the code for ESPN on the Roku 2?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmezz13 wrote:
Dick - could you please try ESPN on your Roku Ultra and report back? Also, I thought the OBC codes were limited to 0-127. How did you figure out 224 as the code for ESPN on the Roku 2?

They are limited to 0-127. When you see someone post an OBC in the 128-255 range, just delete 128 from it to get the base OBC.
andyross

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure about the 0-127 thing? Someone figured out some number codes, and OBC233 would be 6. 233-128=105, and that is Roku Channel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: