JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help with 1 code for Samsung TV (Need Hex)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdtvluvr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The first file that I posted had all 256 possible button codes for this particular signal, then below all that hex code I posted a list of "known" functions listed by OBC number. If you've already tried all from that 2nd list that looked like they could be possible, the next step is to try all the codes from the first list that are (so far) unaccounted for. This is how the rest of us have found secret codes. Of course, it is a lot easier with a JP1 remote, but you have to use what you have available.

Now I understand what is being said. I won't have to check all of the codes, just the ones that no one currently knows what they do. This narrows the list. Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try all the "joypad" commands first.

Also, they could have repurposed some other known command for this model. So you may indeed have to try them all.

Lastly, make sure you're in the proper mode for the function to be in context, i.e., does the original button also work in the current context.
hdtvluvr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I tested all of the unknown codes in Robman's file. Most didn't do anything but a few did. Here is what I found:

Device Code: 7 Function: 89 Accessibility Shortcuts
Device Code: 7 Function: 118 Home
Device Code: 7 Function: 180 TV Plus
Device Code: 7 Function: 185 Joypad Arrows
Device Code: 7 Function: 191 Globoplay
Device Code: 7 Function: 205 SHAHID
Device Code: 7 Function: 220 MEGOGOTV
Device Code: 7 Function: 230 OFF
Device Code: 7 Function: 239 Add View
Device Code: 7 Function: 243 NetFlix

The "joypad" commands bring up a circular menu like what is in the center of remotes. 4 buttons in a circle and a center button. Each joypad code brings up differences within the circular menu.

I made a macro for now to get me to the correct menu. Not very elegant but works. I'm going to try the other codes in the file and see what they do when I get some time. There are a lot labeled that don't apply to this tv like the components inputs, etc.

Thanks for everyone's help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job finding those, I have added them to the master file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13742
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weren't those already in the file I posted?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Weren't those already in the file I posted?

Yes they were, but they weren't in my master file, so I just checked your file and found another couple of functions that weren't in the master file, so I added them. There are many functions in the master file that aren't in your file.

I could use some clarity on the following OBCs where there is conflicting information:

OBC Question
002 - Power toggle or Art Mode toggle
039 - Select or Accessibility
071 - Play or Movie Menu
118 - Home or Input Smart Hub
152 - Discrete Off or Art Mode On
153 - Discrete On or Art Mode Off
180 - TV Plus or Input TV
230 - Off or Art Mode toggle

Dave, here is a compare of your file to the master:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26609
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember being in a file here is a long way from being in OP's MX remote, and testable on his equipment. Each has to be done individually. You have to copy the hex here, open the ccp or mx editor software, open universal browser, open the hex box, paste it in, drag it to key, save and possible name it. To do another you will have to first erase the hex string one character at a time before you can add a new hex code in hex box.
hdtvluvr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
Remember being in a file here is a long way from being in OP's MX remote, and testable on his equipment. Each has to be done individually. You have to copy the hex here, open the ccp or mx editor software, open universal browser, open the hex box, paste it in, drag it to key, save and possible name it. To do another you will have to first erase the hex string one character at a time before you can add a new hex code in hex box.

Actually you can highlight the whole text string in the editor and delete at once. And if you paste the hex and drag the hex to a button, you don't have to save before doing it again for the next button. The button will automatically be labeled something like HE-DA. I sorted the column to get the #N/A rows together. I numbered the #N/A rows in sets of 1 - 10 (there are 10 buttons for the LCD screen for each page and 4 pages per device) giving 4 sets per device because there can only be 4 pages per device. I colored the cells to indicate device 1 yellow, device 2 blue, etc. I ended up with 3 devices labeled Test1 - Test3 with 4 pages each and Test4 with 1 page. I added 122 #N/A Hex codes. Then I saved the file, downloaded it to the remote and then started testing. When one worked, I made a note of the device name, page # and button # (1 - 5 down left side and 6 - 10 down right side) and what was performed.

In total transparency, a couple codes did give me a text box stating that the app was no longer available or available in my country. It didn't tell me the name of the app so I didn't notate it. I am in the US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: