JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enseo URC-67200BC1-028-R (Inteset INT-422) sig 3494
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject: Enseo URC-67200BC1-028-R (Inteset INT-422) sig 3494 Reply with quote

Hello,
This is my first dive into programming remotes. I work in the A/V install industry and have had clients wanting to customize remotes or repurpose old remotes for new installs.

I am having a hard time just getting off the ground though. The first hurdle is that I am getting the 'No Remote Found' message. I purchased a USB/JP1.x cable from DIYGadgets and while the computer can see the adapter, RMIR is having a hard time using it. I will post the rmaster.err file in a following post here.

The second one is this particular client has a couple hundred Enseo remotes. I believe that they are model URC-6720B. I noticed that there wasn't a RDF file for this particular model, so perhaps that is also a problem.

If anyone has some insight on what's going on, that would be greatly appreciated.
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:32 am    Post subject: The file link Reply with quote

Here's the link to the rmaster.err file

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26578
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this remote is new (to us) and doesn't have an RDF then yes, "no remote found" message is to be expected. Can you get RMIR to do a Raw Download?
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the second part of this problem.

I am unable to get a Raw Download.

Which has me questioning the cable or remote. I have three of these remotes to work and all three give me the same response.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you suspect the cable, I recommend getting an FTDI cable from ebay. They take a while to arrive if you order from China but the cost is usually under $10.

Details are in the thread below. The ebay links there get out of date really fast, but they should give you an idea of what to search for.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16360
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I suspect the cable just yet. I went ahead and ordered one of the recommended cables just in case though.

To be sure if I read the error log correctly, RMIR saw the adapter as a COM port, but something downstream of that isn't communicating properly.

The remote flashes as if it is communicating when I attempt to download the remote or download raw data.

I've combed through the forums about the 'no remote' message and I've seen a wide sweep of issues from java runtimes to chip drivers.

I've tried rolling back java and also the tried different drivers. No luck.

While I wait for a second cable to try, did I miss something by chance?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically the JP1.x cable is plug and play using the drivers built into Windows. The last several java runtime versions should also work fine. While this wouldn't be the cause of "no remotes found", you do need to install RMIR into a folder like your downloads or documents rather than program files because java needs read/write access to that folder.

We haven't had great success with DIY Gadgets cables and recommend and generic FDTI cable from ebay. In fact, you're the first user we've heard of in a long time who was successful in even placing an order with DIY.
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow. First time for lots of things!

The link I found in the forums and the 'Getting Started' part of the wiki led me to DIY. The link was broken, but if I did a search on their website they did have the JP1.x for sale.

It took a bit because I believe the cables shipped from Canada and I wasn't in a hurry.

I will wait until the recommended cables show up and drop an update for everyone.
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So those cables showed up, and they didn't work. I ended up buying a FT232 interface and now I am able to grab some info from the remote.

I'll upload the RAW data to the proper forum for people smarter than me to look it over.

Since RMIR was able to discover the remote it looks like there may already be a RDF profile for this remote.
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the raw download I got from the remote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26587
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not seeing any problem now that you have the right cable, the RDF already exists, and you can read/write to the remote. What are your other questions at this point?
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, no other questions. Just going to roll up my sleeves and dive into programming remotes as a beginner.

Thanks for your help!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that you have the 3494 version of the Inteset INT-422.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:24 am    Post subject: A multi-pronged problem for a beginner Reply with quote

And then to add to the learning curve is the fact that you can add an extender to this remote
Tacobilly93

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is strange.

It does appear that I have a 3494 version of the Inteset INT-422. However there is a sticker inside the battery compartment that identifies the remote as a URC-67200BC1-028-R.

I've been watching GrokShop's videos on using JP1, so I'm just getting started with this.

Any pitfalls with this particular remote I should watch for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: