JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

interpreting code files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:13 pm    Post subject: interpreting code files Reply with quote

Hi!

I came here looking to control my Honeywell HS-1665 fan for which I lost the remote.

A web search showed that this site has a thread and an uploaded file for a Honeywell fan so I thought I'd check it out and perhaps see if I could use it as a starting point for finding the codes for my fan.

I do not have a JP1, but I can program a microcontroller and blink an IR LED if I know what the timings need to be.

In this uploaded file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=234

there is an excel spreadsheet with some IR codes in column A which look like "1F 00 00 00" and "1F 2C 55 00", etc. From other files in that archive I gather that the modulation frequency is 38 KHz.

So I just need some pointers on how to translate the sequence "1F 2C 55 00" into blinks of an IR LED.

Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going to write code for a microcontroller, would I be right in assuming you have at least a basic knowledge of what remote control IR signals look like? And if so, are you familiar with Pronto Hex?

If you answered no to either of those questions, I don't think you can do this task and it would be much easier to just buy a JP1 remote and load the upgrade into it.

If you answered yes to both of those questions, there is Pronto hex in the spreadsheet that you downloaded, that should be all you need to recreate the signals.
fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I am familiar with the structure of IR codes and the information given in the Pronto Hex page.

So now my question is how would I find the timing data for the various kinds of bursts, e.g. the lead-in burst, logical 1, logical 0, lead-out burst? Is it perhaps in one of the .txt files in the archive or the IR-Honeywell.ir file somewhere?

Thanks again!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That information is all built into the Pronto hex. If you look at the "Decodes from CCF file" tab, the upper section is the raw Pronto hex and the lower section is the timing data, and it's derived from the Pronto hex using Excel formula.
fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing out that tab - I completely missed it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: