JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Help with a Kenwood Headunit remote RC-406

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject: Need Help with a Kenwood Headunit remote RC-406 Reply with quote

I have a Kenwood KDC-BT852HD headunit that uses the RC-406 remote (like most Kenwood headunits made in the past 12 years or so)

Anyway some of the learns have no protocol so no easy way for me to create an upgrade to use another remote.

I hate these small remotes (too easy to loose LoL!) all of the learns do infact work so that is what confuses me also some use NEC commands and that further makes me confused

Here is the *.RMIR file

Thanks

- Peter AKA 120240VAC60HZ a long time JP1 user and remote lover (as long as I can make it do what I want it to like JP1 can LoL!)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you switch the IR Decoder back to DecodeIR all of these will decode. Some will show the generic NEC protocol, rather than NEC1, but that's just because you didn't capture the repeating section.

Options > Set IR Decoder > DecodeIR

However, there are 3 buttons that you did NOT capture properly, so there's no way that those learns work: 0, Dash, Aspect
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If you switch the IR Decoder back to DecodeIR all of these will decode. Some will show the generic NEC protocol, rather than NEC1, but that's just because you didn't capture the repeating section.

Options > Set IR Decoder > DecodeIR

However, there are 3 buttons that you did NOT capture properly, so there's no way that those learns work: 0, Dash, Aspect

OK I did that and I'll relearn those three buttons and I will then post the full upgrade in the car stereo section (I tested most of them but not all sorry)

Also some don't repeat as in they only broadcast one short IR blast and that is it as confirmed by my old camera)

This is a new install of RemoteMaster I didn't even know there was a different decoder

Thanks
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited the file how do I combine NEC and NEC 1 codes as it won't let me do a device upgrade with different protocols.

Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just create the upgrade using NEC1, the NEC decodes are there when there's no repeating section, so the decoder can't tell the difference between NEC1 and NEC2.

When you test the upgrade, if the buttons don't work properly with the repeating pattern included, we'll see if there's anything we can do.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I did the upgrade, I tested it and all of the functions and they all work fine. I uploaded the file to the car stereo section hopefully this helps as I can't be the only one who hates those tiny remotes plus our "real" JP1 remotes have a much stronger IR signal.

My use case is different so the stronger IR blaster helps me as this is not in my car but I made a custom boom box with a Kenwood KDC-BT852HD
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: