JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TIVO "CLEAR" key EFC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phb1342

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject: TIVO "CLEAR" key EFC Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is an EFC for the “CLEAR” key on the TIVO Remote?

I can’t find one referenced in any of the Tivo files and I can’t seem to Learn it on either the OARP05S or the Inteset INT- 422-3.

I have seen some mention of 0155 or 0151 but these EFCs are other Tivo functions, not CLEAR.

Thanks for any clues

phil
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

00151 is indeed CLEAR and only CLEAR using Tivo official protocol, device 133.48. It's in my upgrade and many others. I know it works because I've used it every day for several years, and it came directly from a Tivo remote.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13879

Global Cache's database also has this same code for CLEAR.

I'm curious what other functions use the same EFC and what upgrade file you found them in.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some remotes don't allow you to learn or program efc to the exit key at all, since pressing it exits programming.

Some UEI tivo codes have the CLEAR command programmed to the exit key, where others have EXIT command on the exit key.
phb1342

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject: Thank You both Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. The file worked perfectly on my test RCA, so I will update my remotes in daily use for the Roamio + and Bolt.

I think that I have been dragging an old Tivo file around since maybe my Premier XL and since it (mostly) worked fine, did not look to upgrade it. It does look pretty odd:

Protocol: Manual Settings: 00 41
ID: 0041
Device 1 – 3: 94,243,255
Data: 5E F3 FF

I did find PVR_0618 (!) when I went looking in my archive folders, but didn’t track down where I might have gotten this old file originally.

I have been recording a few extra news shows recently and deleting them one by one was annoying so I wanted to add CLEAR to my various remotes. I just didn’t look hard enough, so thanks very much. As always!

phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: