JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Long key press

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fredo55

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:44 pm    Post subject: Long key press Reply with quote

I would like to know if it is possible to program a long key press on the Xsight Touch?
My TV Box (Formuler Z8 Pro) uses the long OK press to reboot the box or to delete a recorded video. I use the latter frequently.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is no, BUT:

Your original remote has to be doing this one of two ways:

Either it is repeating the OK signal and the box recognizes this, in which case the Xsight will work the same way,

Or, OK is sending a different signal after being held for a couple of seconds and released. Find out what OBC that is by learning the long keypress, and set it on a separate button on the Xsight.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also another way if you want to do it with a short press and it really is a repeating version of the primary function. Make a Macro with the desired function as the only step, check the HOLD box and enter a duration.
fredo55

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. Seems there is no repetition, I succeeded in learning the signal on an available button, it was tricky to get the learning time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: