JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Please suggest a simple remote for 2 devices

View previous topic :: View next topic  
juansoto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:56 pm    Post subject: Please suggest a simple remote for 2 devices Reply with quote

I have an MX-700 and an MX-850 learning, macro-programmable remotes. Both can be used with the same programming software (it's a neat feature, once I set up one of them, I can download the exact same file to each and they work identically!).

I recently bought three 43" TCL 4K Roku TVs and a couple Magnavox 4K MBP6700P disc players. The Magnavox 4K disc player remotes are tiny and difficult to use, especially in a dark room (as in playing a movie). I programmed the MX remotes, but am one remote shy. They are available used, but in iffy condition and not as cheap as they used to be.

I figure I can get a new learning remote that will control two devices (a TCL 43" 4K Roku TV and a Magnavox 4K disc player), cheaply... doesn't need to be programmable with macros. Basically, more than anything, it needs to be easy to use in the dark... prominent buttons, ergonomic design. And, of course, it needs to be able to control those two devices, either by learning the infrared frequencies of the commands from the devices' remotes or by punching in the appropriate code for each device.

Ideas? Thanks!
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using an URC7935 for a simple setup, and I think it satisfies most of your requirements. Fully JP1-able. Possibly too few buttons though, 24.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 7935 doesn't have disc codes in it, only streamers, tv's, and soundbars. The OP would need a jp-1 cable.

Look at the Interset 422-3, it will give access to 0-9 keys for the 43 Roku Tv, to change channels directly using the LiveTV feature or Antenna. The code to use 14398.
juansoto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
I have been using an URC7935 for a simple setup, and I think it satisfies most of your requirements. Fully JP1-able. Possibly too few buttons though, 24.

Many thanks Barf but yes, need a jp-1 cable.
juansoto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
The 7935 doesn't have disc codes in it, only streamers, tv's, and soundbars. The OP would need a jp-1 cable.

Look at the Interset 422-3, it will give access to 0-9 keys for the 43 Roku Tv, to change channels directly using the LiveTV feature or Antenna. The code to use 14398.

Thanks Maskedman!
Other remote I view is: Philips SRP5107/27
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Others are talking about this remote in main jp-1 threads but this Onn 6 Universal remote:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-R113663-6-Device-Universal-Remote/747238608?athbdg=L1100

Makes a great Roku tv remote, and cost is only $11.88 at Walmart. It's a Learning remote in addition to accepting advanced codes (EFC).

I ordered it at 12:45 am and had it delivered at 10:00 am later in the same day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: