JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New OEM3 ReplayTV style remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like the aluminum HVAC tape, I use it for all sorts of things, so I would use that too if you have it, but for most folks they are likely to only have the regular stuff. I have copper tape too, with conductive adhesive, that I use for shielding on guitars.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject: New OEM3 ReplayTV style remote Reply with quote

Does anyone know if these old JP1 remotes have any problems with the newer protocals
or any type device they cant handle.
I ask because If the setup button holds up I may use it to test EFC'S
or would its 3 digit EFC'S give trouble
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say "protocol" do you mean what we call protocols (aka "executors")? My guess is that this remote has an S3C8 processor, which is the most common one here, so even though the very latest UEI remotes have different processors, if they write a new executor that will almost certainly write an S3C8 version too.

When you test EFCs, you will need to determine whether it uses 3 digit or 5 digit codes. If it uses 5 digit codes, you can still test the 3 digit codes, just add 2 zeroes in front of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: