JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spectrum DVR Cisco 9865HDC - Looking for discrete on/off
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answers in bold:
User1138 wrote:
Apologies for all of the questions, again I am new at this.

1) Ok, I just ordered the below items to make a cable:
a) Original 6Pin FTDI FT232RL USB to TTL RS232 Serial Adapter Cable for Arduino
b) 10x Pack Lot Dupont Cable Terminal Connector Head Female 6 Pins

2) Question "Do you not have a 6-pin connector on the Inteset? "
Yes, I the Inteset remote with a 6-pin male connector above the battery well.

3) Question "When I get the cable, How do back up the Inteset? Do I launch RMIR and select > Remote > Download From Remote" Yes

4) In the meantime while I wait for the cables and 6 Pin connector, I will tackle the manual process. May I confirm the correct workflow?

4a) I first program the Ineset with device "CBL/2056" by selecting empty device button D with the below steps?

1. Turn on the device (ie: your TV and cable box).
2. Press the Device key on the remote you wish to
program (ie: A, B, C, or D). I will use D
3. Press and hold the SET button on the remote until
the signal LED (red light) blinks twice, then release
the button.
4. Enter the first five-digit setup code for the device
(*****ie: 2056 or 02056? ****). The LED blinks once as each digit is entered. If the code is valid, the LED will blink twice quickly. NOTE: If the LED does not blink twice after entering the five-digit code, repeat steps 2-4.

4b) I follow the work sheets and document what happens. Can I please confirm the below so I capture the information correctly?

For example, to test OBC 0, press SETUP-0-0-1-8-1, write down the result into a spreadsheet ie "brings up menu"Yep

5) Can you please explain how the cable will help with this testing?Last paragraph of post #6

6) Can you please share with me a sample Ineset *.rmdu file for me to look at in Remote Master?All of our upgrades (RMDUs) work on the Inteset. Take your pick
User1138

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not getting a blink twice on the below work flow when I try 02056. For example when I try 01877, which is the cable box code I am currently using, I do get a double blink after I enter that code, but not 02056. I tried the test button sequences of the OBC/ EFC manually for about 20 or 30 items and not get any responses from the cable box (Spectrum Cisco Model 9865HDC DVR), maybe because I never got a double blink on 02056....

4a) I first program the Ineset with device "CBL/2056" by selecting empty device button D with the below steps?

1. Turn on the device (ie: your TV and cable box).
2. Press the Device key on the remote you wish to
program (ie: A, B, C, or D). I will use D
3. Press and hold the SET button on the remote until
the signal LED (red light) blinks twice, then release
the button.
4. Enter the first five-digit setup code for the device
(02056).
The LED blinks once as each digit is entered. If the code is valid, the LED will blink twice quickly. NOTE: If the LED does not blink twice after entering the five-digit code, repeat steps 2-4.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No double blink means the code failed. This is because CBL 02056 does not exist in your remote. There's no point in going any further with a bad code.

But 02506 discussed earlier in the thread does exist.
User1138

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) CBL 02056 works with a double blink, but the first 20 test button sequences of the OBC / EFC done manually does not produce anything. Is there another set of OBC / EFC I would need to test with 02506?
2) Favor, can you please send me a Remote Master file (.rmdu ) with the 02056 code loaded so I can load into my Inteset and try out so when my sync cable arrives I can test?
MrMoody

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the starting topic.

You'll find that like most cable boxes, the Spectrum Cisco DVR boxes don't have power discretes. Trying to track the state is an exercise in frustration.

There are two satisfactory workarounds:

1-Go into Settings>Devices, set Power-on Keys to "Power Numeric."
2-Go into Settings>Display (bottom)>Nearest Tune set to Off
3->Power On Channel to Last Channel
Now 0 (zero) works as discrete Power On.
0, then Power (may need a delay) would turn it off but I don't bother: the DVR still runs all the time anyway so it doesn't save power.

-OR-

-Go into Settings>Timers (bottom)>Power Save Mode set to Off.
Now just leave the box on all the time, don't use CBL:Power in any macros, just a key to push if the power is off somehow.

Your Menus May Vary.
User1138

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you @MrMoody. This information is super helpful. Much appreciated!

While I have you, impressive remote collection/line-up list in your signature. May I ask what your favorite one is?
MrMoody

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've settled on the Nevo. It does everything I want, and the display saves me from memorizing nonsensical buttons or using cheat sheets. The only things that bother me are the oddly-shaped Play button and fragile battery cover. The wife likes the RCA/Potenza because that is what she is used to. She's already worn out one. They're getting tough to find, as are the Nevos. That's why I have spares. I could do with anything I have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: