JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Simple HowTO for RemoteMaster/RMIR??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NigelPearsonAU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:41 am    Post subject: Simple HowTO for RemoteMaster/RMIR?? Reply with quote

I have a new (to me) Nevo C2. Replacing a few Logitech Harmony 650. Trying to learn codes from an AirBoard computer keyboard. It reads them poorly, which is expected. Only my much older Harmonys were able to learn it accurately.

So, I download RemoteMaster (RMIR 2.13.9), and get it to download devices+buttons from the C2, got the JP1 format Airboard files (thanks "The Robman" and hanarmco2000), but am now stuck.

1) Is there a command in RMIR to load/parse one of these text files?
(into something useable, like Pronto Hex strings)

2) The Learned Signals tab shows the 2 keys I attempted to learn, and an "IRP from analysis" field, but the garbage in there:

{38.5k,116,lsb}<6,-1|6,-974u|6,-1814u|6,-23>(A:20,6,-117m,B:16,6,-117m,C:4,6,-117m){A=0x48330,B=0xa5a1,C=0x0}

looks nothing like the left arrow from "Airboard_Combination_KM.txt":

<,156,1,left arrow,20 - <,,,,,,,,

3) Same if I double-click the Protocol cell in the learned signals. It lets me see it as Pronto or "UEI learned", but those strings of hex digits are, again, hard to match to anything in Airboard_Combination_KM.txt

Of course, reading: http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo tells me that Device->New->Open can load that file, and it creates a new device on the C2, but only some of the buttons are active in that new device (in my testing, only the arrow keys), and again, I can't see any key codes in RMIR.

I have looked at the "JP1 - Just How Easy Is It?" tutorial, but it seems out of date and doesn't match my RMIR. e.g.My Tab list doesn't have "Special Functions" or Fav/Scan. My app menu has File, Remote, Options, Advanced and Help. The tutorial doesn't list Advanced.

Feeling like an idiot here.
Can anyone please point me to some better documentation?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: