JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minor Map Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject: Minor Map Error Reply with quote

In the INT-422 map file the Image reference GIF:INT-422.JPG the extension is in upper case while the actual image INT-422.jpg is in lower case.
In Linux this causes the image not to be displayed. I believe windows is not case sensitive to this though.
Is there any established standard to use in the map files ?
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some systems have case sensitive file systems, some have case insensitive file systems, some have "case preserving" (preserves case when creating, matches case insensitively when opening). The only sensible requirement is:

Programs should be written in a portable way, i.e. to run on all types of file systems.

This means that:

1. File references have to be in the correct case, i.e. the way the file resides on the disk. (Otherwise it will break on case sensitive systems.)
2. File names must not differ only in case. (Otherwise it will break on case insensitive/case preserving systems.)

It appears most natural to rename .JPG files to .jpg.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
It appears most natural to rename .JPG files to .jpg.

It is about time this was rationalized. I have now converted all the upper case extensions to lower case - 7 RDFs and 7 JPGs - and the 11 references to JPG in map files. There were no files with upper case MAP. This is already in the SVN and will be in the next official release of RMIR which I expect to issue shortly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: