JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Marantz NR-1605

View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject: Marantz NR-1605 Reply with quote

1. Device: Marantz NR-1605
2. Type of device: AVR
3. Year: 2014
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Xsight Color ARRX15G
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? N/A
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? N/A
10. Learning remote question? No
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? N/A
12. If you have a OARUSB04G, URC-6440 (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? N/A

Good evening all,

Gonna be getting one of these guys soon, I did find a spreadsheet with all the codes

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26438

I actually went through something similar with a slightly older Denon a few years back

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101288

kind of need the same sort of help now. How can I take the Marantz spreadsheet and translate that into protocol/device/subdevice/OBC to start an upgrade? I don't have the original remote, nor any Marantz receiver remote handy, was hoping to get a head start on it before I picked up the unit.

I'm thinking that this is actually pretty easy, because there's a protocol called RC-5/5x, which sure looks a lot like "RC-5/RC-5 Ex. Format" I just don't know how to translate "System", "Command", and "Extension" to what needs to go into RMDU. Anyone who can take a look at this and tell me what I need to do would be my hero, at least for a couple days. I would start playing, but right now I have neither the remote nor the receiver, so I can't exactly test anything.

thanks for any advice!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 13 Marantz upgrades in the file section, so why not see if any of them are close to what you need and then add whatever's missing. Got to be better than re-inventing the wheel.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=9&sort_method=file_name&sort_order=ASC&start=260
n8nagel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
We have 13 Marantz upgrades in the file section, so why not see if any of them are close to what you need and then add whatever's missing. Got to be better than re-inventing the wheel.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=9&sort_method=file_name&sort_order=ASC&start=260

Hi Robman,

I don't (yet) physically have the receiver to test, I know I can probably figure it out once I have the original remote in my hands, I was trying to shortcut the process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: