JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macros with inteset remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxnonamexx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:05 am    Post subject: Macros with inteset remote Reply with quote

inteset remote programming macros. I have a Samsung tv and Denon AVR asking with FiOS cable box. The cable box is always on. I would like this remote to be able to turn the avr and tv on together. I would also like another button to be able to have the tv function to select input to view the media option. I also see you can set this up to Netflix but don't get how to set that up. Any help much appreciated. Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell us what setup codes you're using for the Samsung and the Denon. I assume you are programming the Inteset manually, not using a JP1 cable or Remote Master, correct?

Lastly, I think if you enable AnyNet on your Samsung and HDMI control on your Denon, turning the TV on and off will automatically turn the Denon on and off. Regardless, I'll find the necessary power codes for each and post them here.

In the mean time, test the following codes by switching to the correct mode (TV or AVR), then tapping SET followed quickly by the 5 digits listed for each command and let us know if they work properly.

TV
00001 Power On
00253 Power Off
00009 Smart Hub Home (Media?)

AVR
01917 Power On
02045 Power Off
01961 TV Input (also acts as power on)
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 00147 for Netflix and 00060 for Media Play.
xxnonamexx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I try these codes how should I start since as of now when I press my verizon remote it turns on the TV and AVR (but the AVR doesn't always make the TV go on which is why I got new remote) Shouls I turn the TV off and just have AVR on then program one device first: TV
00001 Power On
00253 Power Off
Then program the next device AVR VR
01917 Power On
02045 Power Off
01961 TV Input

then try different device button for Netflix and media play? Try 00147 for Netflix and 00060 for Media Play
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One step at a time. We're not programming anything yet. We're just testing to see which codes work.

Once we know which commands actually work, we'll get into the programming of the macros.

If I were testing Off, I'd make sure the device is on first. If I were testing On, I'd make sure the device is off. Otherwise you won't be able to tell if it worked. For simplicity and to rule out any HDMI commands, turn both the TV and AVR off before you start, then test TV ON first.

You also need to answer my questions.
xxnonamexx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried with devices off the codes didn't work.
I tried with the devices on and for the AVR 32857 turned on/off.
I tried the codes on the inteset for 422-3 site and you mentioned for Samsung TV and none work. Anynet+ is turned on.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that none of the Samsung codes from the inteset site worked is a problem. It looks like you're going to have to learn power from the original TV remote if possible. Let me know if you can do that successfully.
xxnonamexx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weird part is when I use the code to turn the avr off the the tv goes off along with it but then comes back on. I will try the tv codes again
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxnonamexx wrote:
The weird part is when I use the code to turn the avr off the the tv goes off along with it but then comes back on. I will try the tv codes again
Yeah, that's HDMI CEC control doing its automatic thing. The AVR is actually turning off the TV, then some other source plugged into it is turning it back on. If we can get a working TV off code, then we can just put multiple ones in our macro eventually.

Another option is to turn off Anynet and HDMI control in all your devices. That way, none affect any of the others.

When you test the Samsung codes, make sure the AVR is off.
xxnonamexx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By turning off Anynet the HDMI will control my devices or is that something else I need to turn off? Also would the Cable box have any affect as its set to always be on? Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this to understand what HDMI control means:
https://www.howtogeek.com/207186/how-to-enable-hdmi-cec-on-your-tv-and-why-you-should/

Personally, I leave mine on and it works very reliably and allows me to have fewer commands in my macros. Apparently yours does not work reliably.
xxnonamexx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats for the read. What would cause mine not to be as reliable? I will check the codes again this weekend with the remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: