JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

transport punch through

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackching

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject: transport punch through Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what transport punchthrough does in rmir?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: transport punch through Reply with quote

jackching wrote:

The transport buttons are the Fast Forward, Rewind, Play, Pause and Stop buttons and Skip Forward and Skip Back if the remote has those as well. You can set Transport Punchthrough for a device button to specify that the signals from those buttons should be from a different device from that of the device button concerned. The more common punchthrough is for volume, which sets a device for the Volume Up and Down and the Mute buttons. Be aware that even if transport punchthrough is available in RMIR for a particular remote, it may not work as it may never have been tested when the RDF was created. In the absence of specific knowledge we prefer to allow settings that may not work in preference to not allowing ones that may work.
jackching

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: transport punch through Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
jackching wrote:

The transport buttons are the Fast Forward, Rewind, Play, Pause and Stop buttons and Skip Forward and Skip Back if the remote has those as well. You can set Transport Punchthrough for a device button to specify that the signals from those buttons should be from a different device from that of the device button concerned. The more common punchthrough is for volume, which sets a device for the Volume Up and Down and the Mute buttons. Be aware that even if transport punchthrough is available in RMIR for a particular remote, it may not work as it may never have been tested when the RDF was created. In the absence of specific knowledge we prefer to allow settings that may not work in preference to not allowing ones that may work.

Ok thanks for that. I have one other question. Im trying to set up discrete buttons for my remotes and when i try to apply the hdmi discretes to the colored buttons of my remotes, they dont seem to want to work right. If i assign them to normal buttons like 1, 2, 3 etc they seem to work properly. Unless its just the upgrade im trying to use. Are there any updated discretes for a hisense roku with hdmi and disney+ and stuff like that? Will any roku discretes work?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackching wrote:
Im trying to set up discrete buttons for my remotes and when i try to apply the hdmi discretes to the colored buttons of my remotes, they dont seem to want to work right. If i assign them to normal buttons like 1, 2, 3 etc they seem to work properly. Unless its just the upgrade im trying to use.

I cannot think of a reason why they should work on other buttons but not the colored ones. If you post your upgrade, I will have a look at this for you.

Quote:
Are there any updated discretes for a hisense roku with hdmi and disney+ and stuff like that? Will any roku discretes work?

You need others to help you with this. I am in the UK and have no idea what a roku is. I don't think we have it over here.
jackching

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
You need others to help you with this. I am in the UK and have no idea what a roku is. I don't think we have it over here.

You're a lucky man
Ed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackching wrote:
mathdon wrote:

You're a lucky man

@jackching You'll find the most up-to-date Roku EFCs at the bottom of the first post in this thread

@mathdon, Others will correct my technical inaccuracy, but, basically, Roku is a streaming device, much like a Firestick or a Chromecast. Many TVs here in the US come bundled with Roku hardware and software, making it unnecessary to have a separate device for streaming. Hisense and TCL are two TV brands that typically feature Roku.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: transport punch through Reply with quote

jackching wrote:

Ok thanks for that. I have one other question. Im trying to set up discrete buttons for my remotes and when i try to apply the hdmi discretes to the colored buttons of my remotes, they dont seem to want to work right. If i assign them to normal buttons like 1, 2, 3 etc they seem to work properly. Unless its just the upgrade im trying to use. Are there any updated discretes for a hisense roku with hdmi and disney+ and stuff like that? Will any roku discretes work?

You didn't post your remote model number or brand. All Hisense Roku tv's I have come across not only respond to their own roku tv code, but also responds to completely different tv code used by TCL and many other Roku tv brands. That code is 14398 in UEI made remotes. Which there are boat load of advanced codes for, like the following:

hdmi 1-00238
hdmi 2- 00240
hdmi 3- 00236
Disney+ 00139
sling tv- 00017
vudu- 00146
roku media player- 00110
amazon- 00156
you tube- 00097
cbs news- 00090
rdio- 00189
hbo max- 00161
showtime- 00157
pandora- 00093
yupp tv- 00255
input- 00094
av input-00231
options- 00254
home- 00092
pluto tv- 00120
roku ch- 00121
paramount + 00124
boomerang- 00125
fubotv- 00126
hulu- 00151
spotify- 00212
starz- 00213
crackle- 00218
apple tv- 00053
discovery+ 00039
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: