JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Learning Sony codes was Xsight Colors can't learn suddenly?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject: Learning Sony codes was Xsight Colors can't learn suddenly? Reply with quote

Good afternoon,

I'm having an issue over here and I do not know what it is. I have four, count 'em, four, Xsight Colors in front of me. I bought a new TV today, a Sony KD-43X85J. I am attempting to make an upgrade for said TV so I can continue using an Xsight as my setup is a little, um, unique.

The Xsight that previously was used as the remote for my bedroom has stopped registering an up arrow keypress. So I go into my drawer. There's one with a note in the battery compartment that says "needs cleaned - no up arrow" (go figure!) So I grab the next one, program it using a likely looking upgrade, and start learning the buttons that aren't working/aren't in the upgrade that I found. I was doing well, and even guessed correctly on the discrete on/off and HDMI1 and HDMI2 codes so I was feeling good. All of a sudden, my remote stopped learning. I know that the original remote was working because it was causing things to happen on the TV, my Xsight was suddenly just not learning anything. I tried buttons that I'd learned an hour earlier and it was not seeing them.

I brought out my last Xsight, a never used, NIB unit. I can't learn on it either! Tried going into a room with no lights on, nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas what's going on here? Any ideas what to try to fix? I guess I will do a factory reset on the NOS unit and try again but this is really disheartening! I really want to get my shiny new TV up and running, it's fun to have new toys. I went straight from 720P to 4K as well so this is pretty cool stuff, and I'm hoping to see if I can get ATSC3.0 OTA broadcasts as I should be between two test markets.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I realized, after I posted, that the little light on the TV wasn't flashing when I was using the remote. Also, when trying to learn the "Apps" button, the apps screen came up - while I was in the next room.

The solution: at some point while setting up the TV, I had paired the remote with the TV so it started using BT commands not IR. Disabled BT on the TV and now I can learn the IR commands again.

I am going to leave this thread open however because there are a couple commands that I have tried to learn twice, got the same result, but programming them into the remote doesn't work. However I'm going to wait to post until I've programmed/tested everything that I can off the factory remote.

Last edited by n8nagel on Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I puzzled through everything and actually came up with a functional upgrade.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26427

HOWEVER.

the up arrow has quit working on the Xsight that I was using to do this? I now have THREE Xsight Colors with a dead up arrow? Is this a common problem and how to fix? I now am down to my last two 100% functional Xsights (the other is also NOS as of about a year and a half ago and is running the living room system)

This is kind of a problem if I ever set up my Luxman TP-117 again as a) that was the impetus for me to start using Xsights in the first place and b) the Xsight actually works better with integrating other components into that system than does the rare, expensive original Luxman remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: