JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Using .rmdu files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baysailor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject: Using .rmdu files Reply with quote

Hi,
I just started using a Nevo C3 and have been trying to add in an Xfinity X1 DVR. I downloaded 3 different rmdu files for Comcast into the Addons folder.
I tried to upload to the remote but I am not seeing any Comcast/Xfinity devices yet.
What I am I doing wrong?
Thank you

I am using RM Setup Editor (RMIR) v2.13.2 for this.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the Addons folder is or what purpose it serves, but it has nothing to do with rmdu files.

To add a new device (called an "upgrade"), open RMIR, download from the remote, then follow these instructions:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F#How_Do_You_Add_an_Upgrade

The "Load" button will be called "Open" when dealing with an XSight. Save the RMIR file when you are done in order to save your changes and additions.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I don't know what the Addons folder is or what purpose it serves

There is a ReadMe in the AddOns folder that explains what it is for. Currently it is used only for user-specific extensions or amendments to protocols.ini that are created with RMPB. These are files with a .prot extension that contain one or more complete protocols.ini entries. If such an entry has the same name as an existing protocols.ini entry then it takes precedence over that entry, otherwise it is read as an additional entry.
Baysailor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Using .rmdu files Reply with quote

Okay, I was able to load an .rmdu file and get my cable box added to devices, thanks for directing me to that page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: