JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RDF needed for possible new URC 2056-ISX version
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
He was hoping that the 982 command would unlock it, in which case we would have liked to see a "raw download" because then we could look to see what changed and incorporate it into RMIR.

There is already a "Setup Lock" check box column on the General tab for locking and unlocking the setup code of any device. This has been there since RMIR v2.10 and we are now on v2.13, so unless he has a very old version, it should be there. If it is there and does not work, I would like to know.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what we were getting at.
DDE12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

URC 2056-ISX v2 new raw.ir is from the original configuration of the remote out of the box and before a 981 command. The other two files are after I had made changes.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26390

Also, the Setup Lock is working in RMIR. That's why I had to enter the 982 command twice. Very Happy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDE12 wrote:
Also, the Setup Lock is working in RMIR. That's why I had to enter the 982 command twice. Very Happy

If Setup Lock is working in RMIR, what is it we're trying to fix here? And what does the working = 982 twice bit mean?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
I took the ship off-course. DDE12 finds that for some buttons punch through always goes to the STB device. I speculated that a 982 command might affect the punch through characteristics in addition to affecting the setup code lock. I think DDE12 has found that it does not.

I had asked for a download from the remote if 982 had actually affected the punch through. But 982 didn't affect punch through, so there is no apparent need for the downloaded files.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok, so the real question is whether the punch thru lock on those particular buttons is permanent or whether it can be controlled through RMIR, right?

DDE12, in your various tests, did you do a 981 reset then test to see if the buttons are still locked? If you did and they are, I'm not sure what else to suggest.
DDE12

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, up outta the 982 rabbit hole and back down the 981. When I got the remote I removed all the programming I could through RMIR and did not use any commands directly on the remote. I put in my various device upgrades, unticked all setup locks, adjusted VPT, set all TPT to none, and set all CPT to none. I discovered that in TV mode, the buttons on the top half of the remote and the Last button sent STB commands. After entering the 981 command only the ABCD, Page and Day +/- buttons in TV mode sent STB commands. This is for v.2 of the Titan 2056. After the 981 command for Titan v.1, all buttons send TV signals in TV mode.

I don't know if this will be relevant now, but the zip file in my previous reply contains a raw download from the original programming, a raw download with all programming removed through RMIR (before 981 command), and a raw download after the 981 command.

Is it possible to get the rest of the buttons to work in TV mode? Thank you for continuing to look at this.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDE12 wrote:
So, up outta the 982 rabbit hole and back down the 981. When I got the remote I removed all the programming I could through RMIR and did not use any commands directly on the remote. I put in my various device upgrades, unticked all setup locks, adjusted VPT, set all TPT to none, and set all CPT to none. I discovered that in TV mode, the buttons on the top half of the remote and the Last button sent STB commands.

So is this the URC 2056-ISX v2 before 981 raw.ir file in the zip?

DDE12 wrote:
After entering the 981 command only the ABCD, Page and Day +/- buttons in TV mode sent STB commands. This is for v.2 of the Titan 2056.

And this is the URC 2056-ISX v2 after 981 raw.ir file, right?

So, if we compare the data in those two files, we should find the flag that's locking those buttons.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the "before 981" file, I see 2 sets of setup code segments, first there are the normal ones with FF in the segmentFlags byte and then there's a 2nd set of them with 5F in that byte and different setup codes. The "after 981" file doesn't have the 5F versions.

The 5F set is definitely left over from the "new raw" set, because in that file I can see that the setup code list in the 5F set matches the FF set.

I hope Dave and Graham can do something with that observation.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Segments with 5F in the flags byte are backup segments that the remote creates under certain circumstances, but they are not accessed in normal use. I believe these provide the data that are restored by a 977 command, listed in the Wiki as "Restore Configuration".
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, then I think it's the 19 segment, that appears to be a global punch thru and I don't think RMIR controls it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
OK, then I think it's the 19 segment, that appears to be a global punch thru and I don't think RMIR controls it.

You are in luck Very Happy . Support for global punchthrough with the type 19 segment is the most recent addition to RMIR, in development version v2.13.1 which is in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. Simply add $19 to the SegmentTypes entry in the [General] section of th RDF to activate this support.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that appears to be it. DDE12, download the dev version of RM, add $19 to your RDF and you will see a new "Global Punchthru" tab appear where, in the "before 981" file there is a GPT setting up the buttons that you listed, and in the "after 981" it isn't there anymore.
DDE12

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed v.2.13.1. I opened the raw file that I had before the 981 command and made some rmir files with my upgrades for Vizio smart TV and Roku Ultra. I made several upgrades of each and discovered that if the upgrade device type is set to TV it will lose it's ABCD and Day/Page +/- buttons to the STB device mode no matter which device mode button the TV setup code is assigned to. This is true if there are no GPT assignments for these keys.

The follow happens if CBL or TV type is assigned to STB dev button:

1. If AUX dev button= TV type- GPT Source Device= AUX; Source Keys= ABCD; Destination Device= AUX
Then ABCD pressed on AUX will send STB signal (STB button flashes).

2. If AUX dev button= TV type; DVD dev button= Video type- GPT Source Device= DVD; Source Keys= ABCD; Destination Device= AUX
Then ABCD pressed on AUX will send DVD signal (DVD button flashes).

3. If AUX dev button= TV type; DVD dev button= Video type- GPT Source Device= AUX; Source Keys= ABCD; Destination Device= DVD
Then ABCD pressed on AUX and DVD will send STB signal (STB button flashes).

I opened "URC 2056-ISX v2 after 981 raw.ir" from http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26390 and deleted segment 17. This released the ABCD, Page +/- buttons from the STB if device type is TV. The Day +/- buttons and many others no longer send a signal from any type of device assigned to any dev button.

I think that there needs to be some changes to those "unknown to RMIR" segments to free up the ABCD, Day/Page +/- buttons but I don't know how to go about figuring that out and I could be way off course.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The type 17 segment is a Setup Multiplexer. As I understand it, it is typically used in OEM remotes distributed with more than one type of cable box, so that the setup codes for the various box types can all be included in the remote as delivered, and the appropriate one selected during initial setup. In this case the type 17 segment is programmed with four cable setup codes, namely 1376, 1877, 1998 and 1982, for assignment to the STB device. I see that the first of these is the one set in the "after 981" file. I do not understand how this segment type can affect the behaviour of the remote in normal use, as it is used only in setup operations.

The other segment types unknown to RMIR that are in the "after 981" file are types 13 and 1A. Type 13 sets parameters connected with timing, such as how long a key can repeat for, and the values in this file are the standard ones we have seen in other remotes. Type 1A records which was the most recent device to have been set up. Again, neither seem relevant to the observed behaviour.

I do not understand what the user is trying to achieve, so do not see how I can help further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: