JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR protocol analyzer / Meliconi remotes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcel jacques

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: IR protocol analyzer / Meliconi remotes Reply with quote

Hi all,
There is a very simple and nice program which allows to find the protocol and parameters (address and key codes) of almost any IR remote.
It's name is IR protocol analyzer and it requires only a very simple external harware (just a photodiode or phototransistor) as it uses the microphone input of the audio card of a PC.

See here:
http://ostan.cz/IR_protocol_analyzer/

The protocols supported are included in an XML file which can be edited to add or modify protocols. (I have extended the original XML file with some protocol variants. Please contact me if interested).

The italian remote manufacturer Meliconi has a number of universal remotes which can be reprogrammed manually by using the codes of the original remote found by IR protocol analyzer.
For the NEC code for example the decimal address and the decimal key codes found by IR Pr An can be entered directly on the keyboard of the Meliconi universal remote (no need of a PC software nor cable for that).
powersola

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up with Meliconi remotes (and with their rubber bodies for remotes too..)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZIDXEW_nOw
(Yes! as a children I smashed a remote 'cause "it will bounce" Very Happy but it did not, of course...)

I do remember their remote came with booklets full of codes (and lately, very lately, in the early 2000s) there also was a windows application in which select maker and model of equipment and it gave codes to insert in the remote. They also were pretty cheap and available almost everywhere, from the shop near home, the supermarket, everywhere.

Here (in Italy) that kind of remotes from Meliconi are pretty dead since years... What you got over here (i guess France?). Just very much curious.

Have a nice day,
Federico
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: