JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC 11-2981 R03

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
powersola

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:58 am    Post subject: URC 11-2981 R03 Reply with quote

Hello everybody.
After a lot of years I finally found a JP1 remote in my area (Italy - Europe). Didn't check for years, prices were sky high (70-80+ Euros), now I found a URC-2981 and ordered. Received 3 days ago and already started experimenting. No experience here with RemoteMaster, or anything else. I successfully did connection and download/upload after many tries. Found out that the usual cheap fake "FT232RL" board was not working great with it (After telling me to select a similar remote to mine, just said "Download failed"). After trying another interface (CH341-based) all worked great.

That's what I get with RMIR:
https://imgur.com/fkckMlq
I choose Contour 8 V2 as I see has 8 devices just like mine. Tried programming something and went OK! Also learning and downloading learned codes is OK.
I still have to figure out all the advanced functions of this software/platform, but I'm already satisfied.

If I can help you with making a template for this remote I'd be glad. I see in the RDF folder there is 2 files for my remote model, but "R00" and "R01" revisions. Mine, as label says, is R03, and don't get recognised well.

I uploaded a raw download dump and 3 photos of remote and labels.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26359

Thank you, have a nice day.
Federico
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the URC-2981 shares the same signature as the URC-1280, it usually means they have the same internal programming, even if they look different on the outside. So, keep experimenting with RMIR and the remote and document anything that doesn't match properly, like if a button name is different or something like that, then I will clone the 1280 RDF and make a 2981 RDF for you.
powersola

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks The Robman.

I'll try to do it, don't really know how.
Visually, seeing photos online, I see some buttons are surely different. (For example, 1280 have APPS and "TV in a square" button, 2981 not. 2981 have "-/--" button, 1280 not. 1280 seems to have 2 buttons more.

I'll try and let you know something.

Thanks,
Federico
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powersola wrote:
I'll try to do it, don't really know how. Visually, seeing photos online, I see some buttons are surely different. (For example, 1280 have APPS and "TV in a square" button, 2981 not. 2981 have "-/--" button, 1280 not. 1280 seems to have 2 buttons more.

I think you misunderstand what I'm asking you to do. What I'm looking for is for you to program some macros on the remote and then download it using RMIR and see if the macro in RMIR looks the same as the macro that you programmed. For example, if the macro is "1, 2, 3, 4, GUIDE" and RMIR shows "1, 2, 3, 4, MENU" that would tell me that the MENU button in the RDF needs to be relabeled as GUIDE. You see what I mean?

Basically, I'm looking for you to pretend that the 1280 RDF is the right RDF for the 2981 and then tell me what mistakes are in it.
powersola

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
powersola wrote:
I'll try to do it, don't really know how. Visually, seeing photos online, I see some buttons are surely different. (For example, 1280 have APPS and "TV in a square" button, 2981 not. 2981 have "-/--" button, 1280 not. 1280 seems to have 2 buttons more.

I think you misunderstand what I'm asking you to do. What I'm looking for is for you to program some macros on the remote and then download it using RMIR and see if the macro in RMIR looks the same as the macro that you programmed. For example, if the macro is "1, 2, 3, 4, GUIDE" and RMIR shows "1, 2, 3, 4, MENU" that would tell me that the MENU button in the RDF needs to be relabeled as GUIDE. You see what I mean?

Basically, I'm looking for you to pretend that the 1280 RDF is the right RDF for the 2981 and then tell me what mistakes are in it.

I didn't misunderstood what you asked me to do... I didn't understand it at all Very Happy sorry.
I am OK with home/industrial hardware, software, electronics, computers, no problem at all. But talking about JP1-world it's my 4th day, and using a ultra-cheap remote. I still need to understand a lot of things for sure.

I tried to do what you asked, did macros with some buttons, and downloaded the info. I have mapped the buttons to what the software sees.
https://imgur.com/MgIxX7Z
As far as I can see everything seems coherent. If you're willing to make a file, and want to share some under-the-hood info about what need changes, what is needed to make it work, I'm really curious about.

Have a nice day,
Federico
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, put the RDF in the RDF folder and put the map and image in the Images folder.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26360
powersola

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Here you go, put the RDF in the RDF folder and put the map and image in the Images folder.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26360

Wow! Thanks, I try right now.

Federico
powersola

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo! It's there.
https://imgur.com/cmb0tTg

This night I'll experiment a little bit with it, but great work!

If I can ask, what needed to be changed? What's different between mine (R03) and the others 11-2981 R00 and R01? Just asking for curiosity.

Thanks,

Federico
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real work that I had to do was to build a new map using an image of the 2981, then I just cloned the old RDF and renamed it for the OFA 8.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: