JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Don't have the original remote - Pioneer multi-cassette

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VMat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject: Don't have the original remote - Pioneer multi-cassette Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Pioneer CT-WM62R cassette changer, but not the original remote. I've been trying to set up a URC-6020 to control it, but I'm at a dead end now - kind of.

So far I've managed to build a cable, read and write the URC memory, and upload the commands for a CT-1380WR, which do all the basic functions, including switching between the left and right decks. Great progress!

Now I'd like to have the more changer-specific commands:
  • Relay
  • Open/Close
  • Return
  • All Rewind
  • Scan
  • Random

If I could have at least the first three, I'd be pretty happy. Any suggestions?

I believe this is the original remote:

I know quite a bit of electronics and software. And I'm reasonably good at tinkering, so if someone has some crazy idea like building extra hardware or something, I'd still like to hear it. Although I don't have much spare time for complex projects (young kids around).

Thank you,

VMat
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this old thread:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewpost.cgi?491886
VMat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
See this old thread:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewpost.cgi?491886

Awesome!!! Surprised Laughing

I'll see if I can add those to the URC. I mean, following the instructions.

Thanks a lot!!

VMat
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I owned both those models of Pioneer cassette decks at one time, bought ct-1380 from Best Products in the late 1980's, and 6-cassette deck from Video Concepts in 1990's. First 6 cassette I brought home turned out to be the skeleton model, had clear top to show how it worked for use as the store model. Returned it and got regular one. Had it until my younger brother kicked the front in during a fight with me. He couldn't harm me so he went after my components. Sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right in guessing that this is the upgrade file that you loaded:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26001

I have combined the codes from the file with the codes that Edmund linked to into a new upgrade here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26358

Note that I haven't assigned many of the buttons as I am leaving that to you to decide how you want them. I would recommend turning this into 2 upgrades, one for each deck. If you find there are functions still missing, I would recommend looking at the OBCs looking for gaps, then trying those codes. For example, OBCs 10 and 11 are gaps. If you do go searching, I suspect based on experience, that you can skip OBCs 32-63, 96-127
VMat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
I owned both those models of Pioneer cassette decks at one time, bought ct-1380 from Best Products in the late 1980's, and 6-cassette deck from Video Concepts in 1990's. First 6 cassette I brought home turned out to be the skeleton model, had clear top to show how it worked for use as the store model. Returned it and got regular one. Had it until my younger brother kicked the front in during a fight with me. He couldn't harm me so he went after my components. Sad

Oh, wow... that's sad. If you're like me, you'd probably rather have a broken bone.

I would like to have a clear top on mine, it's so cool to watch the tapes traveling inside the unit. Maybe someday I'll have one made.

Now, the remote... A thousand thanks to you! I opened RMIR and entered the EFC codes in the device upgrade editor. It worked perfectly, except for all rewind - but in the WM62R this function is enabled by pressing REW twice, which was also already working with my remote. So it's not a problem.

Again, thank you so much! Have a great weekend!

VMat
VMat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Am I right in guessing that this is the upgrade file that you loaded:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26001

Yep, that's the one.

The Robman wrote:
I have combined the codes from the file with the codes that Edmund linked to into a new upgrade here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26358

Note that I haven't assigned many of the buttons as I am leaving that to you to decide how you want them. I would recommend turning this into 2 upgrades, one for each deck. If you find there are functions still missing, I would recommend looking at the OBCs looking for gaps, then trying those codes. For example, OBCs 10 and 11 are gaps. If you do go searching, I suspect based on experience, that you can skip OBCs 32-63, 96-127

As I said above... I entered the missing commands manually in the upgrade editor, and it worked fine except for one key that apparently works differently in the WM62R. Of course, I appreciate your effort - thanks a lot!

For the layout... I'm actually using the URC to send the commands to a Harmony, which is my "official" remote for this system. I hope that's OK... Smile

Is there anything else I can share here to the benefit of others?

Thanks,

VMat
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: