JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

XSight Color - incomplete raw RMIR downoload

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clemon79

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: XSight Color - incomplete raw RMIR downoload Reply with quote

Hi!

I've been having a connections problems with this XSight Color I just got, and finally for reasons I still don't understand, it started a data download....and then errored at around 85%, and told me to do a raw download and post the results here. so 1) why is it finally downloading NOW and 2) well, here's the data. Smile Any ideas?:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26344
clemon79

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now it's giving me "No remotes found!" again after having unplugged and replugged. Same cable, same USB port.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell you why it downloaded if you didn't ask it to, but I can tell you that the setup in the remote is corrupt. The device data has one valid device, with setup code TV/1758, but the data beyond that for this device is corrupt and causing RMIR to abort when it tries to parse it.

It seems from what you say that you may have obtained a used remote and that the data in it is not yours. If so, I suggest doing a factory reset. The instructions for doing this are in our Wiki here.

If you still have problems after that, please post again.
clemon79

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
It seems from what you say that you may have obtained a used remote and that the data in it is not yours. If so, I suggest doing a factory reset. The instructions for doing this are in our Wiki here.

Nono, I did ask it to, I just don't know why it worked THAT time as opposed to none of the others.

And yes, it is indeed used and no, I don't believe I did a full factory reset to it (shoot, or did I?) At any rate, that one device is a TV I put in as a test and so can totally blow it out. Fingers crossed. Smile
clemon79

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay! Now we're getting somewhere. I am finding though that I have to initiate the download with RMIR the SECOND it connects, and then it's good for the rest of the session, but if I connect it and let it hang out for more than five seconds, I get No Remotes Found. Kinda like jump-starting a car.

But, I know how to make it connect reliably (if oddly) now and can move forward. Thanks much!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That means the EMP key isn't really set correctly. Give that another try. You also need to consistently use the same USB port.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
That means the EMP key isn't really set correctly.

Chris, if like me you are wondering what the EMP key is, I think Dave means the "Enhanced Power Management" key in the Registry. Unless you are using a really old version of RMIR, it should test that key and tell you what to do if it is wrongly set. If you do have an old RMIR, please update to the current one, which is RMIR v2.12.15 (see this announcement) and try again.
clemon79

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm on 2.12.15.

I was moving around USB ports while I was trying to figure out the issue, but I am settled on one now. So I did this:

1) Ran RMIR as admin.
2) Connected device, initiated download as soon as I heard the chime.
3) Went to Advanced > XSight Operations > Re-enable EPM, and did so.
4) Closed RMIR, disconnected remote, waited, ran RMIR again as admin, reconnected remote, downloaded as soon as I heard chime. It is my understanding this should re-enable EPM.
5) Closed RMIR, disconnected remote, waited, ran RMIR again (not as admin this time), reconnected remote, waited.
6) Download fails as per above. Still have to initiate download immediately upon hearing chime.

Here's the Registry branch in question, from Advanced > Show XSight Registry Key:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_06E7&PID_8004\XSIGHT.\Device Parameters]
"SelectiveSuspendEnabled"=hex:00
"EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled"=dword:00000000
"AllowIdleIrpInD3"=dword:00000001
"LegacyTouchScaling"=dword:00000000
"WriteReportExSupported"=dword:00000001
"DeviceResetNotificationEnabled"=dword:00000001
"EnumerationRetryCount"=dword:00000000
"SymbolicName"="\\??\\USB#VID_06E7&PID_8004#XSIGHT.#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}"
"DeviceSelectiveSuspended"=dword:00000001

It looks like the appropriate bit is set and EPM is indeed deactivated.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check for other keys with that VID and disable those too. Also make sure you have fresh batteries.

Check the reg keys immediately when you hear the beep.
clemon79

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two instances of that PID in my registry that also have an EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled key: one in ControlSet1 and one in CurrentControlSet. Both are set to 0.

There are no instances of VID_06E7 that are not also paired with PID_8004.

Should DeviceSelectiveSuspended be set to 1? Or AllowIdleIrpInD3 for that matter?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve never had to change any other keys, but it wouldn’t hurt to try. I think UEI’s “official” registry patch may have changed those.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the official patch from UEI. It has values for the keys you asked about plus a few others:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\VID_06E7&PID_8004\XSIGHT.\Device Parameters]
"SelectiveSuspendEnabled"=dword:00000000
"EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled"=dword:00000000
"AllowIdleIrpInD3"=dword:00000001
"EnumerationRetryCount"=dword:00000000
"SymbolicName"="\\??\\USB#VID_06E7&PID_8001#XSIGHT.#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}"
"DeviceSelectiveSuspended"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\VID_06E7&PID_8004\XSIGHT.\Device Parameters\Ceip]
"DeviceInformation"=dword:00000008
"PortInterconnectType"=dword:00000000
clemon79

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the official version I downloaded (linked from the Wiki I believe) was for PID_8002, so of course it didn't apply and I didn't think to munge it. I will check against this and make sure whatever keys in there are there. (Or I suppose I could just save it and apply it. Smile)
clemon79

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, only difference I am seeing is that SelectiveSuspendEnabled is a REG_BINARY in my Registry and a REG_DWORD in the above, but they're both set to 0. That said, it's the only difference, so let's match it up and see what happens...

...yep, no love. Not surprised, but worth a shot.

As I said: this isn't a huge deal, so long as I interact with the remote RIGHT when it connects, I'm set to go for the rest of the RMIR session and I can do whatever. I'm more curious as to why, seeing as I appear to have all of the ducks in a row.

What would I need to axe out of the Registry to get Windows to "forget" about the device so I could start the detection again from go? The keys in ControlSet1 and CurrentControlSet, or more?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not surprised either since I've never had to change any key except EPM.

I don't think deleting those keys will actually get rid of the device and might even corrupt the registry. Best way is to remove device and delete driver through device manager, but I don't remember exactly where it shows up, possibly under HID.

I've probably connected and firmware upgraded at least 40 Xsights and have never seen a case where the EPM key didn't fix it. This one is a real head scratcher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: