JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

macOS 11.4 RMIR 2.12.x issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greeno

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i got Decode* to load as it showed up in the apple->system preferences->security and privacy, then choose allow.
after a few cycles of launching RMIR, dealing with the complaint, then quitting, rinse and repeat, i got it to allow me to allow the serial library.

now it seems to work error free. i can dl/ul from my remotes.

thank you barf!
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that I was able to help! Very Happy

Quote:
with a slight tweak to your script, i can get RMIR to launch from the command line, the tweak was to just hardcode ARG to '-ir' so that that's what would launch.

The idea is that you install the script with three different names, rmir, rmdu and rmpb. For this, you can simply save the script three times with three names, or, smarter, save the script as something (say wrapper.sh), then make symbolical link to it. Command:
Code:

ln -s wrapper.sh rmir
ln -s wrapper.sh rmdu
ln -s wrapper.sh rmpb

The Mac version is really step-motherly treated -- or, rather, there is no Mac version. How do you like the Mac version of IrScrutinizer, as a disk image (.dmg)?
greeno

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I’ll do that. Now it makes sense to me that the script is looking at the extension to decide what ARG is set up.
I didn’t look/use your program too Much except to see that it ran. Personally I don’t mind the Mac mounted object model. It does make it explicit that it is more or less a self contained program.

I still think there’s an incompatibility with rmir and the latest 11.4 update. Rmir launched and ran correctly for the 2 updates before 11.4 and then failed after. The workdir being blank is odd.

Thanks again. Hopefully your script will help others who come after us.
Best,
Jeff
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears as if the function RemoteMaster.getJarContainingFolder() is the culprit. It is unclear to me exactly why and exactly when this happens. I would rather call it a bug than an incompatibility... But, as shown in this thread, the work-around is easy: just set it manually with -h.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: