JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8610 XSight Lite Connection Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onkatr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject: URC-8610 XSight Lite Connection Problem Reply with quote

Hello,

I cannot connect my remote to my computer. When I plug it in, it shows the message 'USB connected' however it is not possible to download .rmir file from the remote because the software gives the error 'No remotes found!'

Any ideas?

Thank you.

ps. And yes I did all the registry steps in the forum.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure interface is Auto or CommHID (HID) and that batteries are fresh. Also try a different USB cable. If that doesn't work, post your rmaster.err file in the diagnostics file section and link to it here.
onkatr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: File link Reply with quote

Hello,
I have tried your suggestions but still unable to detect the remote. The file link is http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26312 .
Thank you.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing RMIR check your 35 HID devices (may be a new record), but none are your remote. I'm not convinced the registry fix actually worked on your Xsight Lite. Can you check the registry yourself? Here are the details:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/Enhanced_Power_Management
onkatr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked the registry but I don't think that is the issue. The registry tweak is for maintaining the connection with the remote but the remote does not connect at all. As you can see from my rmir.err file there are no remotes connected. Maybe the remote is broken. Thank you for your help and time!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you said the remote screen says connected. The power key will cause a near immediate disconnect after plugging in.
onkatr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when I connect the remote, it says connected on the remote screen however there is no indication on windows that the remote is connected. The USB Connected indication stays on approximately 10 seconds and then the screen goes blank.
clemon79

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replying because I have the same problem with my XSight Color. I got to the EPM screen and it says it disabled it, and indeed, when I wake the remote from the screen sleeping it does claim to be connected to usb (I was getting the 10-second drop before), but RMIR still gives me a No Remotes Found.

It looks like it did find it once or twice, weirdly, although I don't see it pop up in Device Manager at all. Would attach rmaster.err if I could, but I don't see how.

EDIT: No, I'm wrong, it shows up in DevMan as a USB Input Device. VID_06E7&PID_8004. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: