JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cheap eBay rotatable TV Antenna

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject: Cheap eBay rotatable TV Antenna Reply with quote

I got this from eBay as I just cut cable as it costs way too much $ not like most shows are actually worth watching these days.

Anyway I used my Nevo C2 to capture it the remote only has one button (as far as I can tell, unless it does have another if you press it on the other side?)

I don't like the remote it came with so I want to use my Harmony or maybe one of 50 (maybe more, almost every time I see a Charter van I ask for another remote) of my other JP1 capable remotes.

I don't see any protocol but it is IR as I can see the LED and it activates my MCE remote detected red LED and my phone camera sees it flash.

anyway Here is the IR file link.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give this a shot. You don't need the KM and PB files, they're just there for reference. Use the RMIR file to load it into your Nevo, or use the RM file to load it into another remote.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26285
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Give this a shot. You don't need the KM and PB files, they're just there for reference. Use the RMIR file to load it into your Nevo, or use the RM file to load it into another remote.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26285

Is there anyway this file can be made to work with my Comcast Xfinity URC-1067BC4?

I have 2 (well three if you count my Logitech Harmony 900) remote for my devices in the desk/living room area (small apartment studio type)

one for my AV stuff (Charter remote and the Comcast for my trash find 10KBTU AC)
I want it on the Comcast remote as the Charter has a 4 layers or device in use.

If it can't be done I do have more Charter remotes then Comcast ones.

PS: the AC was an awesome find it works fine (well I had to replace the male NEMA 5-15P end as it had the LCDI type and that was bad. but the cord is fine!)

It had no power as that device was bad I usually find modern junk ones (5KBTU and those almost always don't work so finding a working 10KBTU is a miracle!)

Thank You

PS: is there anyway my name can be changed to 120240VoltsAC as that is what the actual US voltage is.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never said if it worked on the Nevo, so we'd to know that before trying anything else with it.

I wrote it using S3C8 assembler, to make it work with the Comcast remote, someone would have to re-write it for the MAXQ610 processor, which I don't know how to do.

I can change your name for you, just tell me when you want me to do it, because once I do it, you won't be able to log on using the old name.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
You never said if it worked on the Nevo, so we'd to know that before trying anything else with it.

I wrote it using S3C8 assembler, to make it work with the Comcast remote, someone would have to re-write it for the MAXQ610 processor, which I don't know how to do.

I can change your name for you, just tell me when you want me to do it, because once I do it, you won't be able to log on using the old name.

OK sorry I never actually tried to use it on the Nevo just the one it came with.
It was not able to be learned by my RCA RCR05 remote and to get on the Nevo it took a few tries so I will actually try it probably latter.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean the RCA RCRP05B remote, my upgrade should work on that.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

Yes that is what I meant,anyway that is the one I originally tried to learn the remote to but it kept failing to learn the IR signal.

I only have 2 JP1 remotes capable of learning the RCA & the Nevo I keep them in storage (with no batteries) I only take them out for that purpose.

Would a Charter/Spectrum remote work with your file? I have quite a few of those.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

120240VAC60HZ wrote:
The Robman wrote:

Yes that is what I meant,anyway that is the one I originally tried to learn the remote to but it kept failing to learn the IR signal.

If my upgrade works, it doesn't matter whether the RCA can learn the signal or not. So have you tested it yet?

120240VAC60HZ wrote:
Would a Charter/Spectrum remote work with your file? I have quite a few of those.

Try looking them up on the Remote Chart, if the processor is S3C80 or S3F80 then yes, it should work with them, assuming it works at all. Alternatively, look in the RDF, if it has Processor=S3F80 or Processor=S3C80, it should work.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

Sorry for the late reply anyway it works on the Nevo but it will not repeat the command as in when I hold the button it is supposed to rotate until I release the button (like the way most devices do with the volume command) I have to keep pressing it over and over again for it to rotate the antenna.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: