JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR v2.12 available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickety

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Rob, I don't think it is the same problem. I have come across something similar to his problem myself and if I recall correctly, it was an issue with the setup. I always find it fiddly to post screenshots so avoid them if I can. I would rather have his .rmir file and no screenshot that wait for him to post both.

Thanks folks. I am happy to accept it is probably my setup Smile but do appreciate the help.

Here is a link to the RMIR file
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26286

and I uploaded an image
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26287

I tried to copy of the image to a new post, but missed the IMGUR part so I trust this will do Smile

fwiw in case it was an issue with my particular device file, I created a new device and set up the buttons anew. During that process, all the button rows were visible OK so I was able to set them up, but after saving, when I went back to view them again the distortion reappeared.

Thanks again
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/nco0rln.jpg

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
rickety

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and I just tried changing to Windows Classic look & fee. It made no difference. Seeing the note I exited with the File Exit then restarted RMIR.

My windows screen is 1080p (1920 x 1080)
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I supposed, it was a problem with your setup. I have replaced your file at

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26286

with a zip package containing both your original and a repaired version. That appears to be free of the odd behaviour in my testing.

Here is the fix, in case you would like to try it for yourself. Open your .rmir file in a text editor and scroll down to the list of sections each headed [Macro]. Look for the line in each that starts "Data=". You will find that four of them have no data on the right hand side. I deleted those [Macro] sections.

If you still have problems, please post again.
rickety

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Mathdon, thanks so much for the speedy fix and explanation. As I was changing from a satellite receiver to streaming and discarding some old devices (VHS tape) I had deleted the devices and suspect that was the cause in some way. I was using an earlier version of RMIR so that may have contributed.

As I wondered about the issue, I had earlier tried to edit the RMIR file deleting what I suspected were references to old macros from deleted devices etc, but what I did - although I did not break the file Smile - did not resolve it.

Thanks again
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR v2.12.15 is now officially released. This is the first release since v2.12.8 as builds 9-14 were for development purposes only. There are no major changes in this release, but there are many minor improvements and two minor bugfixes. Two improvements are perhaps worth specific mention. The first is that the Linux setup script setup.sh now supports text scaling in a similar manner to that already present in v2.12.8 with Windows Setup.vbs. The other is an improvement in the identification of SimpleSet remotes with Linux and Mac OS X. All other changes affect all supported OS equally. This release also includes all the new and modified RDFs that were in the RDF Development folder of the JP1 File Section (Tools > RDF Files > RDFs - Development) at the time of its release and consequently these have been deleted from that development folder.

Please report any issues by posting in this thread.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am aware, the line
Code:

Categories=AudioVideo

in the *.desktop files should be terminated with a semi colon.

Very minor point, still seem to work.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted development build RMIR v2.12.17 in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. I am not issuing this as an official release as the changes from v2.12.15, the current official release, are of very specialized interest. One change concerns the use of the Bluetooth support built in to Windows 10 to connect RMIR to the URC7980, URC7955 and UC7880 remotes, which are the only remotes that support Bluetooth access. This change is described in more detail in this post. The only other change is improved support for the X10 home automation protocol, as described here. Both these changes are significant improvements to the features concerned and will be in the next official release, but that may not be until after the forthcoming update to IrpTransmogrifier that Barf has announced here.
sweh

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Problems with Arduino interface? Potential partial fix! Reply with quote

I'm having trouble getting this to talk to an old-school JP1 interface. In the long distant past I had a Delcom interface that I would expose to a WinXP instance in a VM and use IR802. More recently I've been using RMIR and a JP1.3 remote, which works nicely in Linux, so I've not needed the windows config. But today I tried to use it and it failed.

So I went to see if I could get RMIR to work. Annoyingly the Delcom adapter doesn't seem to be visible to Linux so I hunted around and found the Arduino adapter ( http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11537 ). After a little bit of trial and error I was able to get an Arduino Nano to talk to a URC-8811 (that I bought from Robman in 2009!). Minor code fixes to the "dump" (formatting) and "fill" (that'd never have worked before) routines and I was also to demonstrate successful reads and writes. And taking the "dump" output I was able to generate a .ir file that RMIR loaded. Definitely the talk-to-remote was working!

But whenever I try to use RMIR using "JP1.x Serial" (which the readme says to use) I can see the Arduino blink and then get "no remote" error.

Slightly odd, I see in the error file:

Code:

Starting normal download
Interface Name = JP1.X Serial
Port Name = /dev/ttyUSB0
Testing interface: JP1.X Serial
Interface matched.  Trying to open remote
Port Name = NULL
Failed to open

That looks like it's just a logging error, though; stracing the code shows it's talking on the right port.

So let's dig further. OK, I can see the code sending 'E' (ping) requests, but the read() response isn't returning anything. So we try a few more times then give up. Hmm. I can see the Arduino flashing, so what's going on?

I hunted down the source ( svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/controlremote/code/trunk controlremote-code ) and stuck some debugging print statements into jp12serial.cpp starting with jp12Test().

Idea... could it be the Arduino is still rebooting after the port had opened? Let's put some sleep() statements in (before/after setting the serial port attributes). No, that didn't help. Could it be an issue at the arduino end? Let's force a serial flush... nope, no change.

Let's dig further... hey, my debug statements in ReadSerial() didn't show up. Let's turn TRACE_SERIAL. That broke the compile! Oh, there's two versions of the function, but because the first has an optional parameter the second isn't used. Huh.

OK, let's just make the delay default to 1 second. And... hey... err... that worked! The remote downloaded. Of course it's very slow because following commands (eg Info) don't fill the buffer ('cos we don't know how many bytes will be sent) and so wait the whole second.

So let's go back to jp12Test() and make that delay for 0.1 second. Hmm, worked 75% of the time. Let's make it 0.5 seconds... Seems to work every time in my tests; it seems to take make 12-15 iterations of the loop on average, so definitely not the whole 0.5 seconds.

Code:

*** 1174,1180 ****
        return 0;

DWORD bytesRead = 0;
!    if ( !ReadSerial( hSerial, cmdBuff, 1, &bytesRead))
        return 0;

if ( cmdBuff[ 0 ] != 6 )
--- 1174,1180 ----
        return 0;

DWORD bytesRead = 0;
!    if ( !ReadSerial( hSerial, cmdBuff, 1, &bytesRead, 0.5))
        return 0;

if ( cmdBuff[ 0 ] != 6 )

Now do uploads work? Err, that seems to be a not really.

At the moment I'm mostly concerned with reading 'cos this URC8811 is the only learning remote I have (the Atlas 5 can't learn) so I've fixed my immediate need.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old Delcom-chip JP1 interface is not available under Linux. In Windows it uses the jp1usb.dll library and there is no equivalent Linux library. JP1 remotes are supported in Linux only by using the JP1.2/1.3 to JP1 adapter from DIYGadget which makes a JP1 remote appear to RMIR as if it were JP1.3. This is also the recommended method in Windows, as it is difficult (though possible) to install a driver for the Delcom chip that works under recent Windows versions. I cannot help with making a JP1 interface from an Arduino Nano.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This file does not work with the raw girr export from the "Learned Signal Timing Analysis" frame, since the leaned signals do not have names, however, they are bound to keys. The following patch to LearnedSignalTimingSummaryDialog.java fixes that (and a slightly wrong tool tip too.)

Code:
Index: src/main/java/com/hifiremote/jp1/LearnedSignalTimingSummaryDialog.java
===================================================================
--- src/main/java/com/hifiremote/jp1/LearnedSignalTimingSummaryDialog.java     (revision 1821)
+++ src/main/java/com/hifiremote/jp1/LearnedSignalTimingSummaryDialog.java     (working copy)
@@ -333,7 +333,7 @@
     analyzedCodedButton.addActionListener( this );
     analyzedCodedButton.setToolTipText( "Display analysis with burst pairs converted to codes" );
     saveButton.addActionListener( this );
-    saveButton.setToolTipText( "Save Summary as .csv file" );
+    saveButton.setToolTipText( "Save Summary as .girr or .csv file" );
     buttonPanel.add( saveButton );
     okButton.addActionListener( this );
     okButton.setToolTipText( "Close the Summary" );
@@ -607,7 +607,7 @@
           + " on device " + remote.getDeviceButton( s.getDeviceButtonIndex() ).getName().trim());
         continue;
       }
-      String commandName = s.getName() != null ? s.getName() : "n/a";
+      String commandName = s.getName() != null ? s.getName() : remote.getButtonName( s.getKeyCode() );
       String notes = s.getNotes() != null ? s.getNotes() : "";
       Command command = new Command( commandName, notes, irSignal );

mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will incorporate this change. The "Learned Signal Timing Analysis" facility was written by Vyrolan, not me, and it is not code that I have had much need to look into in the past.
greeno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject: can't get latest remote master to launch in mac Reply with quote

hi,
in april i was able to run 2.12.0 rmir in macos (don't recall which os version then). tried tonight and can't get 2.12.0 or 2.12.15 (just dl'd) to launch. running macos 11.4, just updated yesterday.
the error log in the RMIR dir shows:
*** Error: Unable to open protocol database
RMIR v2.12.15
Installation folder is not read-only
Incorporates Girr v2.2.9
Girr Commit Id: ffb8129
Incorporates IrpTransmogrifier v1.2.8
IrpTransmogrifier Commit Id: 438b283
System Properties:
java.version = 1.8.0_291
java.vendor = Oracle Corporation
os.name = Mac OS X
os.arch = x86_64
java.home = /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home
java.class.path = /Users/number1coach/Desktop/RMIR.v2.12.15-bin/RemoteMaster.jar

Caught exception in RemoteMaster.main()!
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.hifiremote.jp1.DynamicURLClassLoader.addFiles(DynamicURLClassLoader.java:79)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster.createAndShowGUI(RemoteMaster.java:6946)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster.access$77(RemoteMaster.java:6825)
at com.hifiremote.jp1.RemoteMaster$12.run(RemoteMaster.java:7064)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

any ideas?
greeno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did get going, but it was annoying. i had to trial parallels, then run rmir under that (win10). i note that 2.12.0 won't run under parallels. 2.12.15 did run, but only after running the setup script.

best,
jeff
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, may be better to make a new thread or to use one of the Mac threads, since this is more about Macs that the current RMIR.

Sorry, I do not have MacOS 11. My mac is stuck on 10.11.6 so I cannot reproduce.

I suspect it is a problem with Java, that hardly has anything to do with the exact version of RMIR. Are you confident in your Java installation? Have you tried with JDK (!= JRE)? This
Quote:
java.home = /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home

does not look good... (You are not really running a Java Applet...)

Can you run try to run
https://github.com/bengtmartensson/IrScrutinizer/releases/download/Version-2.3.0/IrScrutinizer-2.3.0-macOS.dmg (includes Java).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: