JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR v2.12 available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickety

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Rob, I don't think it is the same problem. I have come across something similar to his problem myself and if I recall correctly, it was an issue with the setup. I always find it fiddly to post screenshots so avoid them if I can. I would rather have his .rmir file and no screenshot that wait for him to post both.

Thanks folks. I am happy to accept it is probably my setup Smile but do appreciate the help.

Here is a link to the RMIR file
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26286

and I uploaded an image
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26287

I tried to copy of the image to a new post, but missed the IMGUR part so I trust this will do Smile

fwiw in case it was an issue with my particular device file, I created a new device and set up the buttons anew. During that process, all the button rows were visible OK so I was able to set them up, but after saving, when I went back to view them again the distortion reappeared.

Thanks again
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the screenshot:

rickety

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and I just tried changing to Windows Classic look & fee. It made no difference. Seeing the note I exited with the File Exit then restarted RMIR.

My windows screen is 1080p (1920 x 1080)
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I supposed, it was a problem with your setup. I have replaced your file at

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26286

with a zip package containing both your original and a repaired version. That appears to be free of the odd behaviour in my testing.

Here is the fix, in case you would like to try it for yourself. Open your .rmir file in a text editor and scroll down to the list of sections each headed [Macro]. Look for the line in each that starts "Data=". You will find that four of them have no data on the right hand side. I deleted those [Macro] sections.

If you still have problems, please post again.
rickety

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Mathdon, thanks so much for the speedy fix and explanation. As I was changing from a satellite receiver to streaming and discarding some old devices (VHS tape) I had deleted the devices and suspect that was the cause in some way. I was using an earlier version of RMIR so that may have contributed.

As I wondered about the issue, I had earlier tried to edit the RMIR file deleting what I suspected were references to old macros from deleted devices etc, but what I did - although I did not break the file Smile - did not resolve it.

Thanks again
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR v2.12.15 is now officially released. This is the first release since v2.12.8 as builds 9-14 were for development purposes only. There are no major changes in this release, but there are many minor improvements and two minor bugfixes. Two improvements are perhaps worth specific mention. The first is that the Linux setup script setup.sh now supports text scaling in a similar manner to that already present in v2.12.8 with Windows Setup.vbs. The other is an improvement in the identification of SimpleSet remotes with Linux and Mac OS X. All other changes affect all supported OS equally. This release also includes all the new and modified RDFs that were in the RDF Development folder of the JP1 File Section (Tools > RDF Files > RDFs - Development) at the time of its release and consequently these have been deleted from that development folder.

Please report any issues by posting in this thread.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am aware, the line
Code:

Categories=AudioVideo

in the *.desktop files should be terminated with a semi colon.

Very minor point, still seem to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: