JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Signature from URC-1280 (v2)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shafti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: Signature from URC-1280 (v2) Reply with quote

Hi. I have two remote controls. One is the URC-1280 and the other is a URC-1280 v2. I bought the second (v2) as a replacement. Now I wanted to "copy" the data from the first remote control to the second. However, the two have different signatures and RMIR reports that copying the data could destroy the remote control.

The data of the two remote controls appear to be the same except for the signature.

Can I just copy it or what options do I have? Or do I have to do this manually?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally, we would advise against doing that, but in this case you might be ok. I just reviewed the 2 RDFs and they're very similar. The main thing you might find is that the 2 TEXT buttons become APPS and LIVE TV on the v2 version.

The protocol lists are not identical and the digitmaps are definitely different, but depending on what sort of upgrades you have loaded, that may or may not cause an issue.

My advice, rather than force the wrong signature into the v2 remote, I would suggest creating a 2nd copy of your RMIR file and then edit it with Notepad, replacing the old signature (359802) with the new one (368001), and then load that into the new remote.
Shafti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Rob. I will do it like this.

Is that possible with Winmerge? Any important settings?

Another question: what is the difference between
Remote-> Download from Remote -> (Listing) RAW Data
other
Remote -> RAW download
I ask because the two tables are different with Bold Hex-Values (when i make a Raw Downlod and only with the programmed remote).
Are the data from Raw Download the data from the remote itself and the data in the Raw Tab from Download from Remote the data from the remote map file?

RMIR asks to apply the changes...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you do a regular download from the remote, it uses various settings in the RDF to re-organize the data and what you see in the Raw Data tab is the result of all that. When you do a Raw Download, you get exactly what's in the remote and it doesn't matter if we haven't developed an RDF for the remote yet.

What I recommend for you is:
1. Do a regular download from the new remote and save the *.rmir file
2. If you haven't already saved a *.rmir file for the old remote, go ahead and save one, then make a copy of it as I described earlier and load it into the new remote. If it causes any problems, you can restore using the file from step 1.
Shafti

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I adjusted the signature of the old remote in the rmir file and uploaded the data to the new remote. Everything works fine! Thx for help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: