JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-6250BC0 Bell Fibe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackching

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Maybe I misunderstood, but it seems your workflow is to download from the remote, make changes, and then upload to the remote. When you want to make more changes, you download again, make the changes, and then upload.

This is not the correct workflow for RMIR, for a number of reasons.

You might start with an initial download from your remote, to which you make some changes, and then upload to the remote. When you're done you should ALWAYS save to a .RMIR file.

When you come back to make more changes, open the saved .rmir file and make changes with that as your base, instead of downloading from the remote again.

For most users, the only reason for downloading is to examine learned signals in order to create a device upgrade. But once the device upgrade has been finalized, you want to add it your previously saved .rmir file.

There are other situations where we download from remotes, such as when we encounter a new remote and need to create an RDF for it.

Thanks for the tips. Anyway, rmir sees the remote and reads it which shows all my connections are correct but it is not taking the writes. After i program it, i try a read immediately after and it just goes back to what it was before the upgrade was applied. Now when i unhook it, no buttons are responsive which is telling me data on it is likely corrupt. Yes i tried new batteries.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it's writing the wrong checksum, look for the following entry in the RDF...

[Checksums]
*$0000:$0002..$0BFF/2

and try changing it to ...

[Checksums]
*$0000:$0002..$0BFF/4

Last edited by The Robman on Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
jackching

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I wonder if it's writing the wrong checksum, look for the following entry in the RDF...

[Checksums]
*$0000:$0002..$0BFF/2

and try changing it to ...

[Checksums]
*$0000:$0002..$0BFF/4

$0000:$0002..$0BFF/4 Did it. The remote is alive and responding to all of the upgrades. I erased the remote with 9-8-1 and tried again to be sure and it took fine. My blood pressure can finally drop a bit now haha. Thanks for your help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, I just updated my copy of the RDF too. I've not seen one before that needed the /4 setting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: