JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Thermistor value in Logitech Harmony LiPo batteries for RCs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Thermistor value in Logitech Harmony LiPo batteries for RCs. Reply with quote

Hi all,

Not exactly JP1 hardware question, but close enough.

If anyone owns the Logitech Harmony remote that uses the LiPo flat rechargeable battery (link below), and have a multimeter, can you please do me a small favor:

I am referring to this battery that is used across the range of Harmony models such as 785 and alike:
HARMONY BATTERY

This battery has three terminals: (-), (T), (+)
The (-) and (+) terminals are the 3.7V voltage output, and the (T) terminal is the contact of the thermistor which is connected between (T) and either (-) or (+) - more often than not, the thermistor is connected between (T) and (-)

I am asking you to measure the resistance of that thermistor.
First, please try to measure the resistance between (T) and (-) terminals (red positive mmeter lead goes to (T) and black negative mmeter lead goes to (-). I expect it to be about kohms or tens of kohms.
If that gives you the meaningless result, try to measure the resistance between (+) and (T) terminals (red positive mmeter lead goes to (+) and black negative mmeter lead goes to (T). I again expect it to be about kohms or tens of kohms.

Please write here the results of the measurements (kohms).

Thanks a lot if you can help.

Best,
DS
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: