JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nexbox A95X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul608085

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Nexbox A95X Reply with quote

1. Device: Nexbox A95X
2. Type of device: Android TV Box
3. Year: 2016 (?)
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8610
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No (see below)
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, didn't find anything
12. If you have a OARUSB04G (or similar) remote, have you tried simpleset.com? n/a

I have tried a number of configs from the Files Section for similarly named devices, but without success. The only key on the URC8610 that ever seems to work properly is "OK". I tried using "Learning" on the 8610, but although it said it had received every command correctly the only key that seems to work is again, "OK". Is there something particularly special about the remote codes for this Android box? I have a photo of the original remote if that would help to identify it, (remote does not have any model number on it), but cannot see how to add a picture to my post, (is that even allowed on this forum?).

TIA
Paul
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-8610 comes with a USB cable that serves as a JP1 cable, so why did you say "no" to question 5? When you say that you have tried files from the file section, are you using JP1 to load them into your remote to test them?

Regarding the question about posting an image, read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6557
Paul608085

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I got confused about the JP1 cable - I thought that it was a special cable that plugged in to a 5 or 6 pin header inside the remote, but now I realise that I must have been thinking about another programmable R/C that I used to own. Yes, I use a micro USB cable.

Regarding the photo of the Nexbox A95X R/C:
https://imgur.com/a/hvZVfSZ

Paul
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still have the learned signals stored in the remote? If so, please download the remote's memory using RMIR and post the .rmir file here.
Paul608085

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to re-learn the signals - the originals would have been over-written when testing those from the Files Section. I will do this at the weekend as I am now back at work. I think that I know how to get the .rmir file off of the remote once re-learnt,but what is the procedure for uploading the file to this forum? imgur.com only seems to accept video and image files.

Thanks for your support with this,

Paul
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul608085 wrote:
I will have to re-learn the signals - the originals would have been over-written when testing those from the Files Section. I will do this at the weekend as I am now back at work.

That's not how it works. A remote can have upgrades from the file section working side by side with learned signals, and in fact, a learned signal overrides an upgrade, if they're both trying to control the same button in the same device mode. Given your comment, I think we really need to see your .rmr file so we can see what's really going on.

Paul608085 wrote:
I think that I know how to get the .rmir file off of the remote once re-learnt, but what is the procedure for uploading the file to this forum? imgur.com only seems to accept video and image files.

The process for uploading and downloading from the remote is described here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F

You mentioned that you have been downloading files from the file section, so you are aware of that, and you will have hopefully noticed that there is an UPLOAD button there too. When you first click on the File Section link, you'll notice that there is a folder called "Diagnosis Area", that is where we like folks to load files that we need to review. Once you've loaded a file, click on the File Section link again and you'll notice that there's a link to your file next to the link for the Diagnosis Area as your will be the last file loaded. Please copy/paste that link here in this thread so we can easily find the file.

imgur is just for loading images that you want to display here. I left your last image as a link because the image was too big to be displayed.
Paul608085

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have re-learnt the codes from the original remote. A bit more success this time. RMIR file from URC8610:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26085

Working are: Exit, 4 (sometimes appears as 44), 6, 7, Guide, Kodi.
Not working: Power, Left, Right, Up, Down, OK, 1,2,3,5, 8, 9, 0, Ch+, Ch-, and Back.

I tried a few attempts at learning the codes and each time was able to add one or two more - but after this it didn't get any better. During Learning, the URC8610 said that it had received every key successfully, even thogh most didn't work when tested on the Nexbox. "4" is sometimes received by the Nexbox as "4" and sometimes as "44". I thought that I may have pressed the 4 key on the original remote for too long and it had received a double key press? Hoping that this would work with the other keys and it would then be possible to edit each code, I did another Learn with longer key presses - unfortunately this didn't achieve any improvement.

Hopefully, someone can see what is going on from the RMIR file?

Thanks,

Paul
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this updated RMIR file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26086

I found an existing upgrade that appears to use the same codes as those that you learned:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12589
Paul608085

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this - almost perfect!

Two buttons did not work at all, but I have been able to Learn these again from the original remote: Power and Guide (Guide appeared as Menu on URC8610 so could I have copied this function in RMIR?). I have also added KODI and MOUSE pointer on screen keys by re-learning.

Updated RMIR:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26087

I would like to remove some of the on screen buttons that I now have as they have no function on the Nexbox: buttons such as DVR, Favourite TV/Radio etc. I can see in the Device Upgrade Editor, "Clean Up" will remove all functions without a Hex value assigned - but I do not seem to be able to edit this to remove the Hex values? What is the correct method?

Lastly, the existing upgrade that you found - was there anything in particular that pointed you towards that device being very similar to mine?

Thanks for your continued help with this - if I am able to remove the redundant on-screen keys then it will be complete.

Paul
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me teach you how to do this yourself, then see if you can fine tune it to perfection.

First off, if you look at the new buttons that you learned, you will see that they all (except for MOUSE) show the following OBC values:

28 Power
24 Guide
66 Exit
95 KODI

So, now go to the Devices tab, select the 4th device upgrade and click EDIT, which will bring up an RM window. Here, go to the Functions tab and sort by OBC (ie, click on the OBC heading). Scroll down to OBC 24 and change it from MENU to GUIDE. Then for 66 change it from AUDIO to EDIT, and for 95 change it from DVR to KODI. For POWER, look for OBC 8 and change the OBC to 28.

I added a "2" to the original EXIT (OBC 23) and GUIDE (3) entries, just in case they do something.

Next, to fix the button layout, you can use either the Buttons tab or the Layout tab, it just depends on whether you prefer to work with a list or an image of the remote. In either case, assign the functions to the buttons that you like.

I have done all these changes in the following file. I assigned all the "unknown" type functions to the soft keys, so please double check whether any of these buttons do anything. I am a bit concerned because you said that DVR doesn't do anything, where that should have been the KODI button, so if you tested it, you should have seen that. I'm not expecting any of these buttons to do what they're labeled as (like DVR should have been KODI) but please check if they do anything.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26086

Now, the learn of the MOUSE doesn't appear to have captured anything. What does the MOUSE button actually do? Does it send a signal itself or does it change how other buttons work? Please try re-learning it and maybe learn it to several different buttons, then download the memory using RMIR and see if any of the learns show an NEC protocol with device code 0 and sub-device code 223, if they do, get the OBC from one of them and add it to your device upgrade.

As for the question of how I found that upgrade, when you go to the Device Upgrades folder and scroll down, you'll see we have a file called JP1-Master-1.16 which lists all of the upgrades that we currently have, so I looked for files that were NEC1 0.223 and the second one that I tried was a match.

Last edited by The Robman on Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Paul608085

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, you are correct: "DVR" does open Kodi. This key only works in certain menus on the Nexbox and I seem to have made a mistake whilst testing.

I was not able to match all of the OBC values you quoted for the buttons that I learned with those that I found in my saved RMIR file, so I skipped that part. The "MOUSE" key on the original remote brings up an on screen pointer that is controllled by the Up/Down/Left/Right direction buttons. This is useful when navigating in the web browser apps.

Testing your Bedroom_4 file gave the following results:
Exit2: No Function
Favourite: No Function
TV/Radio: No Function
Zoom: No Function
Guide2: Brings up the mouse pointer if one of Up/Down/Left/Right is pressed soon after. This seems to be slightly different to the orignal's button which brings up the pointer on it's own (?). Not an issue now that I know.
Sat: This opens the Nexbox's File Manager app. This looks to be a new function that I could not replicate on the original remote.
Menu: This opened Kodi, as per the original remote's dedicated button.

I have removed the redundant buttons, moved and re-labelled others as appropriate. The resulting RMIR file is:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26088

For me at least, I am happy that I now have all the functions that I need for the Nexbox. Should I now extract the RMDU file for the Nexbox and upload it to the "Device Upgrades" section? If so, which section is most appropriate: Digital STBs, Media Players, or something else?

Thanks again for your help with getting this resoved.

Paul
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please load the RMDU to the Digital STBs folder
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: