JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

stay on activites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tls1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: stay on activites Reply with quote

Hi,

Is there a way for the remote to go back to activities menu after selecting an activity?

For example I have cable and netflix activities. When I click cable (or Netflix) all the buttons work fine, but I'd like to set the screen back to activities to be ready for a change of activity selection. Otherwise I have to click the home button followed by the activities button (or click the 1-2 activity button).

Thanks!
Terry
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've moved your post to the appropriate forum, Dave is our expert on these remotes, so hopefully he will jump in.

By the way, we're still waiting for updates from you on the last two threads you posted here.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101814
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102293
tls1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!

2 posts updated

Terry
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, you can't. But I think you can at least run the Home command at the end of your activity macro to get back Home, saving one button press. This is used by the default Goodnight activity, which is appropriate since after running Goodnight, you'd want to stop controlling everything and start fresh.

I think the theory of operation is that after selecting an activity, you'll want to control the devices in that activity. If you were to switch back to the activity screen, you wouldn't be able to control anything. So when you run your Netflix activity, do you not want to control your streaming device, TV and stereo while you're watching? Why immediately switch to a different activity?

Maybe rethink how you're using activities and make them do what you want without switching to another activity. I recommend you make a "combo" device for your Netflix activity that includes the important commands for ALL the devices you need to control while watching Netflix rather than immediately running a different activity. I used this technique for a friend in the same situation, and it works well.

Does that make sense?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: