JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Button press detection problems in Windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailracer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject: Button press detection problems in Windows Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have recently started to notice a problem with my remote setup. When I press a button, like the down arrow, occasionally my computer is decoding it as a "7" for example instead of the down arrow. I notice this in Emby when trying to scroll through the movie library- it is really annoying when a number gets entered because it treats that as search and takes you back to the beginning of the library. In other programs it takes a couple of button presses sometimes to register. I only noticed this problem the past few months.

Has anybody had similar problems? My first suspicion is a Windows 10 update may have broken something, but I can't find anything useful Googling that.

Are there other ideas of ways to test this? I have tested 3 remotes (two JP1 based and one standard WMC remote) and they all behave this way. I only have one IR receiver- could it be going bad? I have a Thrustmaster program that decodes key-strokes (used for validating mapping of keyboard keys to joystick buttons) and it reports out that the 7 key has been pressed instead of the arrow on occasion confirming the behavior I see in Emby.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a JP1 remote to control your PC? If so, which remote, which upgrade are you using and what hardware are you using on the PC side?
sailracer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an RCA RCRP05BR remote primarily. The receiver is an IR605 USB dongle that came with a Rosewill RRC-126 WMC remote.

The upgrade I use for it is setup code 1272: Windows Media Center v2.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a built in setup code, or something that you loaded as an upgrade? If it's an upgrade, please provide a link to the actual file as the setup code number is meaningless in upgrades.
sailracer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I initially set up this remote probably 6 or 7 years ago and don't remember where or how I figured it out the mapping. The RMIR file I use is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C7r9tf9gjWwWZX3iFH3na2u5IBfgbYE7/view?usp=sharing if that helps get at what you are looking for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: