JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Keeprite DLCDHR12K1A1 A/C unit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ylaviolette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, will prepare an updated ict with notes per signal. Stay tuned, thx
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have figured out what was wrong with the Pronto file, you had repeated the first 2 signals, so once I deleted those, they matched up. I have decoded most of the data in the signals, the only remaining issues are:

1. I couldn't find the Follow Me code
2. There are 2 bits that change for Power, I don't know if one of them is really something else.
3. Bits 13-20 are zero for all the signals except for the OFF signal from the first batch, which is odd.
4. I can't nail down the checksum. It's obviously a SUM of something, reading the data as LSB, because it increments with the TEMP as it changes, but I can't find a formula that works for all of the signals.
5. There were several incomplete signals (like 16c from the first batch, and 4 near the end of the second batch, but I think I was able to figure out all the missing data for those.

Here are my findings:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26060

I haven't tried writing an executor for it yet as I'd really like to have the executor calculate the checksum, but I haven't decided how best to handle the odd number of bits (67 bits is a very strange number for an IR signal).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created an upgrade for the Keeprite:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26067
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an updated version that uses 1 less byte of variable data and calculates the checksum.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26069

It requires the following to be added to protocols.ini first:

Code:
[Keeprite A/C]
PID=01 FE
VariantName=JP1KR
CmdParms=Mode:Auto|Cool|Dry|Fan|Heat=0, \
    Power1:Off|On=1, \
    Fan:Auto|Low|Med|High=0, \
    Unknown:Off|On=0, \
    Sleep:Off|On=0, \
    Temp C:16C|17C|18C|19C|20C|21C|22C|23C|24C|25C|26C|27C|28C|29C|30C=0, \
    Temp F:61F|63F|64F|66F|68F|70F|72F|73F|75F|77F|79F|81F|82F|84F|86F=0, \
    Turbo:Off|On=0, \
    Light:Off|On=0, \
    Power2:Off|On=1, \
    Swing style:Off|Full|Pos1|Pos2|Pos3|Pos4|Pos5|Bottom|-|Middle|-|Top=0, \
    Temp display:Off|Indoor Set|Indoor Ambient|Outdoor Ambient=0, \
    Main Power:On|Off=0
CmdTranslator=Translator(LSB,0,3,0) Translator(LSB,1,1,3) Translator(LSB,2,2,4) Translator(LSB,3,1,6) Translator(LSB,4,1,7) \
    Translator(LSB,5,4,8) Translator(LSB,6,4,8) Translator(LSB,7,1,12) Translator(LSB,8,1,13) Translator(LSB,9,2,14) \
    Translator(LSB,10,4,16) Translator(LSB,12,1,20) Translator(LSB,11,3,21)
DefaultCmd=00 00 00
CmdIndex=0
FixedData=
Notes=
Code.S3C80=43 8C 03 8B 12 8F 44 08 03 01 45 03 31 01 45 01 06 27 10 11 A7 08 B7 C6 10 04 01 18 05 E4 04 05 56 04 F0 56 05 0F C6 06 0A 40 19 08 56 08 F0 F0 C1 10 C1 FB 06 46 04 05 46 05 80 19 09 56 09 C0 46 09 02 5C 0E 1C 04 87 31 02 F6 FF 73 02 54 1A F6 38 C5 F6 FF 73 F0 C4 56 C4 0F 49 0A F6 01 46 B0 13 E6 29 40 E4 08 03 E4 09 04 B0 05 E4 0A 06 8D 01 46 2C 08 10 C3 C0 C4 2A FA AF

ylaviolette

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, better late than never:

This upgrade also works as expected;

Here's what I noted while testing:

- Tried to pinpoint what "unknown" does but couldn't figure it out.
probably active on other units/models I guess:

- "Main power" has no effect on my unit, only "Power1" does.

As mentioned, I use Pronto Hex for my automation platform; you had provided a Pronto Hex extractor for the other unit (TCL/Kwiik) within your Excel work file. Since your work file for this one doesn't, is there a way to extract Pronto Hex from the RMDU via one of the IR tools ? otherwise I'll just use my original remote + IRWidget + IRscope and export.

Again, thank you Rob!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ylaviolette wrote:
is there a way to extract Pronto Hex from the RMDU via one of the IR tools ?

Yes, with RMDU itself. Open the file in RMDU, on the File menu select "Export as Girr or IRScope file..." and save it as Girr (which is the default). Open the Girr file in a text editor. Each function entry includes the Pronto Hex for the command, between <ccf> markers You can do the same from RMIR by selecting the device concerned on the Devices tab and pressing the Export button to again export it as a Girr file.
ylaviolette

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I get:

"this executor is not supported, as there are no uei-executor entries for it in irpprotocols.xml"

I guess because it is a custom executor?
Rob provided a number of files along with it (PB, KM, IR, etc.)
maybe this could help?

Thanks for your assistance,
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post the .rmdu or .rmir file that you are using for me to look at. The Keeprite A/C protocol is fully supported in recent RMIR versions, including having an entry in irpprotocols.xml, so it probably only needs changing the custom executor to the supported version, which should be identical as the supported version was taken from Rob's work. I will look into that if I have your file.
ylaviolette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link below to rmdu's for my Keeprite AC and TCL AC;

I made sure I had the latest RMIR version.

Both can't be exported to GIRR.

Keep me posted, thx.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26512
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the files. The problem with creating a Girr file for TCL A/C was due to an omission in RMIR, a case that was not covered as I had not seen it before. Here is the Girr file with that fixed. Please check that the Pronto code it produces does actually work.

The Keeprite A/C is a bigger problem. There is an entry for it in irpprotocols.xml but it is very basic, just the bare minimum and not sufficient for creation of a Girr file. It will take me some time to create a proper entry. Rob loves his spreadsheets but I have little experience with Excel and cannot understand them, so I will have to understand the workings of his executor to create the necessary entry, and I have little familiarity with S3F80 assembler. I will sort it, but as I say, it may take some time. I won't post an updated RMIR version until I have this sorted, so at present you can't create your own Girr from TCL rmdu.
ylaviolette

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, if this may help here's what currently works and what doesn't:

- using TCL/Keeprite rmdu's works as expected when upgrading URC-9910 remote directly via RMIR.

- IRscrutinizer will generate working pronto Hex from TCL raw signal (from remote via IRWidget), not from IRscrutinizer decode. (therefore your Girr file doesn't work). BTW since I now see TCL/Keeprite decoders available in IrScrutinizer, I assume it uses the same executors as RMIR, right?.

- IRscrutinizer will generate working pronto from Keeprite raw signal and decode. however, for some reason when saving to Girr, the first decode is duplicated to all lines...

I can always rely on raw signal to generate working Pronto Hex but since it requires the original remote, a working method to go from rmdu to pronto would be useful.

Let me know if I can help with testing and keep me posted, thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Rob loves his spreadsheets but I have little experience with Excel and cannot understand them, so I will have to understand the workings of his executor to create the necessary entry, and I have little familiarity with S3F80 assembler.

Let me know if I can do anything to help Graham.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ylaviolette wrote:
- IRscrutinizer will generate working pronto from Keeprite raw signal and decode. however, for some reason when saving to Girr, the first decode is duplicated to all lines...

Can you describe that in detail, in particular how to reproduce?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a Girr file for Keeprite A/C for testing. I'm not sure how much confidence I have in it working, but please give it a try.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted development build RMIR v2.14.4 in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. This fully supports both the TCL and Keeprite A/C protocols and is capable of generating Girr files from device upgrades of both protocols.

@ylaviolette: Please test it and let me know if the Pronto code it creates in the Girr files correctly operates the air conditioners.

@Rob: Thanks for the offer of help, but I have managed to extract everything I need from your rather ingenious executor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: