JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for an upgrade with 100+ distinct keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnkrer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject: Looking for an upgrade with 100+ distinct keys Reply with quote

I am looking for an upgrade for my FLIRC. I intend to use those 100 signals to match up with 100 ish keyboard keys/combinations using FLIRC. (https://flirc.tv/)
Requirements:
1. Should not conflict with existing devices
2. No duplicate signals

I have tried to use some existing upgrades (I don't care what devices they are for, since I am going to train the signal to a keyboard mapping)
For couple of upgrades, I find that some of the keys are duplicates, which becomes a pain to manage

I have tried to add new functions by just filling in non existing OBC numbers, I think that doesn't completely work

One of the NECx2 upgrades that I tried had keys that also trigger the samsung TV, so I think that protocol is out. What are my options?

I have a sony12/15 protocol that is working well for another FLIRC, so I cannot use that for this FLIRC (both in the same room)

Thanks
tnkrer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own similar question from a few years ago!
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6514&highlight=
tnkrer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman's advice from that thread -
"I would advise that you use the NEC2 protocol with un-common device codes (so as to reduce the risk of you accidentally using the same code as one of your devices). If you use device code 240 and sub-device code 240, you should be safe. You should then program a unique OBC to each button on the remote.
"

I will try that .. I did not realize that the device/sub device combo changes the IR signal. Then it will not conflict with my TV .. I hope
So I open any upgrade that uses NEC2, change the device and subdevice and add as many OBCs as I need? That should work?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need an existing upgrade, you can create one from scratch. Just select NEC1 and enter 211 as the device code and sub-device code, then enter as many OBCs in the Function list as you like, between 0 and 255.

I chose that device code at random, but it's one that I haven't seen in any built in setup code or any upgrade.
tnkrer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robman .. I tried the one you had suggested in 2006 (NEC2, device 240 and subdevice 240) and that just worked for me .. (so far I am not seeing any conflicts/issues)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it worked in 2006, what are you trying to do now that's different?
tnkrer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If it worked in 2006, what are you trying to do now that's different?

I don't think I did that in 2006. That forum thread had another member with a similar question and this was your answer to him. When I revisited the thread today, I saw that and decided to try that Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: