JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Java come back!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Java come back! Reply with quote

I haven't needed RMIR for a while, until the prospect of a new TV. Now with Firefox and Windows 10 Java seems no longer to be supported. I have MS Edge too but don't think that supports Java either and am clueless about this sort of thing - so what could I do to get Java working again for RMIR please?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using RMIR on Windows 10, so not sure what you mean about Java not being supported.
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I am using RMIR on Windows 10, so not sure what you mean about Java not being supported.
Thanks. With that encouragement:-

I tried again and got Java from https://www.java.com/en/download/win10.jsp , which 'this time' installed ok (maybe I tried the wrong download before?)

Even so, the procedure I think used before, (after clicking on setup.vbs in RM)
was to open .rimir files by clicking on them and 'open with' RM, which displays: 'this app can't run on PC'.

However 'Open with' Java(TM) Platform SE Library works ok, as does clicking on the shortcut to RMIR

Panic over!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
was to open .rimir files by clicking on them and 'open with' RM, which displays: 'this app can't run on PC'.

There is no program called setup.vbs in the RMIR installation folder. There is Setup.vbs (with an upper-case S) that is the correct one for Windows, and there is setup.sh (with a lower-case S) that is the equivalent for Linux. I think you must have tried to run setup.sh in Windows. Please try Setup.vbs.
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
tranx wrote:

There is no program called setup.vbs in the RMIR installation folder. There is Setup.vbs (with an upper-case S) that is the correct one for Windows, and there is setup.sh (with a lower-case S) that is the equivalent for Linux. I think you must have tried to run setup.sh in Windows. Please try Setup.vbs.

Right, I see now that there are two of them and it certainly works ok after Setup.vbs. There seem to have been several things I may have done wrong but all is now well thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: